Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Older Hobbywing 35A brushed ESC

Old 02-02-2020, 04:00 PM
oldblue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Older Hobbywing 35A brushed ESC

So I got the program card BUT no place to plug it in my ESC the on/off switch and servo switch (?) are in the same (only ) plug- is this EC too old? The manual says it can use a card- any ideas - now I did try to plug it in but it did NOT fit except in the middle of the plug fan on the esc came on but the card did not- it's a fresh battery BTW

Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 PM
RustyUs

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unplug the speed control from the receiver, and plug it into the LED programming card.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:28 PM
oldblue

yeah, problem is the wire from the card will NOT fit on the ESC it pushes on the on/off pins and will NOT let it set right- I contacted hobby wing and they are baffled said maybe the esc plug got wrapped somehow (power surge?)- I mean they look OK to my untrained eye-maybe time for a new ESC?

Old 02-06-2020, 11:56 AM
RustyUs

If that is the plug you use to power your receiver, then I got no answer. Never seen an ESC with that plug. Every speed control should have a negative, positive, and a signal wire That plugs into Channel 2. Of the receiver

what receiver do you have?
Old 02-06-2020, 04:18 PM
oldblue

A specktrum receiver from a DX3R - so you are saying plug the card into the receiver? at the BIND socket? or the AUX socket?
Old 02-06-2020, 04:34 PM
RustyUs

The ESC's plug that you have in your Spektrum's throttle (ch. 2) port, unplug it from the receiver, and plug it into the programming card.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:59 PM
oldblue

I re read Rusy's post and the light came on- the wire FROM the ESC to the program card- DUH- sorry senior miment-it's working like a champ now- thanks for the help fellas- Vic in So Cal