Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rebuilding 1/10 ECX RUCKUS 2 WD

Old 02-03-2020, 04:25 PM
tlo1360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding 1/10 ECX RUCKUS 2 WD

so as the title says i'm rebuilding my 2 WD Ruckus I have already sourced all the parts i need mainly but, i'm finding that even though a lot of these parts are off the trax. slash 2 WD there are not many reviews to these parts.
So i'm after a motor esc combo that is good i have looked at GoolRC motors primarily,but I have also looked into surpass hobby as well as hobbywing I think I am wanting a 3300KV motor with an 80A ESC to have the extra power later when i add lights and winches

Otherwise I am trying to source a way to mount the new motor I am curious if the axial sc10 transmission case will fit the ECX ruckus 1/10 2 WD or if i should just use a flat mounting plate to support the new motor

I am looking for a new way to mount the motor because with the added weight the ruckus will land on it's rear 95% of the time and the screw holes in the plastic case are wearing open from bashing on a brushed motor.

I have already sourced new A arms FR/RR suspension and drive train parts to accommodate for the extra power and weight. Other than that I will be parted out at about $350 or so on this truck. First one already broke about $200 worth of parts bashing on this truck now I want to rebuild it to suit my drive style in the places i prefer to drive and bash. ( local 4x4 spot) I am looking for new tires as well as I have read that with the brushless systems on the ruckus the stock speed treads don't get easy traction in dirt and rock.

The last thing I need to figure out is shock oil a lot of people say use 30 WT in their RC but never specify whether they are bashing or racing on this set-up . So I am curious is the 30 WT a good enough point to start for extreme bashing and a lot of rapid up-down motions on the shocks.