Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Older 2WD Traxxas Slash new ESC not programming

Old 03-13-2020, 09:46 PM
PleaseW84myRX8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older 2WD Traxxas Slash new ESC not programming

Replaced the old XL-5 with the VXL-3s after the motor blew. Still using original controller, the VXL-3s is not accepting my throttle inputs when programming. I've tried several times and watched all of Traxxas's videos now to make sure I was doing it right, and I can't figure out what is going on. It will only recognize inputs from the steering wheel, and then only program to turn right/accelerate at the same time, and turn left/occasionally reverse. It does recognize my only steering trim knob, but will not recognize my throttle input. Does anyone know what is going on? Do I now need a new controller? Controller worked perfectly with old esc and motor. So I'm not sure what is going on here.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:00 PM
PleaseW84myRX8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out. Channel 2 plug was not making contact. Fixed.