Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Losi tenacity batteries

Old 03-16-2020, 09:34 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Losi tenacity batteries

Can you use other batteries for the tenacity? I have a ton of batts,,,Iíd hate to have to get new batteries and the horizon charger etc,,,what is the esc5 connector compatible with,,I donít have any of these connectors,,,I have plenty of the other brands...if I have to use the horizon setup ,,Iím not going to purchase this unit"........for now anyway...thanks guys
Old 03-16-2020, 04:48 PM
RustyUs

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You know the answer. What is your favorite connector? Solder up some battery packs/ESC with that favorite connector of yours...make life easier on yourself. Most 2S/3S packs should fit into a Tenacity battery compartment, or tray (few Tenacity reiterations out there) that uses foam spacers/adjustable strap.

If you don't have a favorite connector, or soldering iron/station, then I'd strongly encourage you to get both, but I think you are already there. Yes?
Old 03-16-2020, 05:43 PM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my concern is if it will affect the ATC with the spektrum receiver,,seeing that I will be installing an off brand non horizon battery...thanks for the comeback...
Old 03-19-2020, 03:04 AM
RustyUs

I wouldn't be concerned one bit. The day I'm forced into using ECx connectors, is the day I quit RCing .
Old 03-19-2020, 03:18 AM
RustyUs

Most likely your receiver/gyro is powered by the ESC's onboard BEC. The speed control is only "looking" for the correct working voltage. It doesn't care what color; shape; size, or material the connector is...yet. When Horizon starts making "smart" ESCs that must use their "smart" batteries...just one more thing to go wrong. Meh.