Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Gone a while again. Want a new buggy for fun

Old 05-01-2020, 07:10 AM
moth_baller

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gone a while again. Want a new buggy for fun

In the past few years I've traded off or sold all my rc. Mostly Tamiyas, a couple tmaxx's and a couple HPI.

My main concerns is finding a new buggy that comes as a kit. I don't mind a fully assembled one if it's used since I'll tear the whole thing apart anyways and rebuild it.

My second concern (especially with tamiya) is spare parts support. Doesn't have to be Tamiya brand just decent enough parts support that isn't high end aluminum parts that just get bent and destroy more of the car in the process.

I love Tamiya the most but I'm open to others. Scene isn't the same and some brands I've never heard of like WLToys and ECX. Some brands seem to have disappeared.

Some of the Tamiyas I am looking at are:
Manta Ray
Durga
Top Force
Dark Impact ( had a Keen Hawk which I loved)
Plasma Edge II

I know some of those are discontinued but like I said if it's still got parts support then I'm game.

My budget is around 250-275 on a high end to have a buggy I can drive.

I'm not real concerned with speed. Just something fun to drive. Not racing but 4WD is a must. Gravel and grass around my property. Small jumps here and there but not hard core bashing. Has camber/caster adjustment (or can be upgraded to) Upgrades don't need to be included in my original budget

I'm open to other brands and models that even be had used. I just don't know what to look for. I will consider a SCT or a truggy also.

I know Traxxas has enough parts support that no one has to go out of their way to mention it haha.
The following users liked this post:
TheEdge (05-01-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 12:48 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Take a look at the PR Racing 401R-T, it would be perfect for your needs!

I know it's a little above your budget, but this truggy is built like a tank and would be an excellent basher, plus give you the flexibility to race at the local club in your area someday!

Old 05-03-2020, 07:14 AM
moth_baller

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice looking truggy. i'll keep it on the list as possible used one to pick up at a good price. I can't find it less than 350 as a kit. Add in the rest and north of 400.

At a 400 price point, I wouldn't really need to make a thread and just buy what I want. I don't want to sound combative saying that since I am looking for information.

I'm on the lookout for a decent roller at the very least. Seems anything hobby is in short supply from the virus. Seems also it's a bit more expensive in general to get back into which makes me really regret I didn't keep at least one of my RC cars.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:59 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi moth baller well you can look into team associated b64 , b74 , losi 22x4 , tekno eb410 , xray xb4 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale in 4wd mugen , losi , team associated , kyosho , xray plus plenty of parts for these models of buggy and truggies just to help you a little ok mugey , you can look at some of these models on you tube videos for bashing and racing , this may help with your decision .

Last edited by mugeyman; 05-05-2020 at 03:08 PM. Reason: more information
Old 05-06-2020, 03:04 AM
RustyUs

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Tekno RC EB410. ..https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-r...kr6500/p695785
Upgrade/replace with EB410.2 parts as needed.