Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best 300$~ 1:8/1:10 Truggy/MT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 04:08 AM
uriel250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 300$~ 1:8/1:10 Truggy/MT?

I am not in USA/Europe so I can only buy off AliExpress/Banggood/Gearbest/eBay.

I want to buy new 1:8 truck for driving it mainly on sand, grass, and some pavement/road. I currently have the ZD Racing 10427 1:10 (had it for nearly 3 years) and it was great, I did not drive it many times but at least once a month.
Now I want to upgrade to a more reliable car with stronger parts and chassis (almost every flip or small crash at low speed something breaks on my ZD Racing truck).

I have remote and ESC and servo that I can take from my previous truck which is a Hobbywing SC WP8 and Radiolink RC4GS and JX Servo 30KG if needed.

I thought about DHK Maximus but it only gets up to 40mph which is the same speed as my current truck (on 3S I almost hit 45mph) I want something a bit faster that at 50mph~

Maybe I can go with the DHK maximus and upgrade pinion ? Will it strip the plastic spur gear or ruin the diffs ?

In the same price range of the DHK Maximus there is a DHK Zombie, VKAR Bison V3, ZD Racing Pirate 3, ZD Racing 9021 V3, JLB Cheetah/J3 Speed.
Does anyone has experience with any of those ? And how important is center diff ? Because some of the cars I mentioned above doesn
't have a center diff. Also the car I currently I own doesn't have a center diff.

The most important things for me are speed (45-50mph top speed - without breaking parts), durability, and parts availability on the chinese websites like Aliexpress, banggood, and gearbest.

Thanks in advance.
​​​​