Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RC availability

Old 07-13-2020, 08:35 AM
s7jstep1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC availability

Hi, i used to be pretty big into rc (as well as this forum) but with life and everything, i fell out of the hobby for about 7-8 years. I recently was talking with 3 of my buddys and they saw my old SC10 and said they wanted to get one. I decided to do some research and i realized that, not only is my truck old and discontinued (im not surprised) but it seems that most of the big sites like tower, amain, etc are on backorder for most of their trucks. Im assuming this is because of the covid19 pandemic or is there something i missed?
Old 07-13-2020, 05:52 PM
RustyUs

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

That would be my assumption as well.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:45 PM
bill_delong

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, I have heard from several sources that the RC Industry is booming with business due to the pandemic, pretty much everything went out of stock right after the stimulus checks were posted, inventory has slowly come back only to quickly sell out again... it would be wise to make a pre-order if you want to buy a new kit
Old 07-14-2020, 09:49 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s7jstep1 View Post
Hi, i used to be pretty big into rc (as well as this forum) but with life and everything, i fell out of the hobby for about 7-8 years. I recently was talking with 3 of my buddys and they saw my old SC10 and said they wanted to get one. I decided to do some research and i realized that, not only is my truck old and discontinued (im not surprised) but it seems that most of the big sites like tower, amain, etc are on backorder for most of their trucks. Im assuming this is because of the covid19 pandemic or is there something i missed?
Nope, you didn't miss anything.

I wouldn't worry about your SC10 being discontinued. You can still bash it around until you can get parts for it any more. You'll probably need some new battery packs now, though, and hopefully, you didn't leave alkalines in your transmitter or it's cashed.

I know what you mean about life getting in the way. I'm just back after a hiatus, too. The trick is when you feel your passion for the hobby burning down, sell most of your vehicles, while they're still worth something,so you can re-enter fresh when you come back.