Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best brushless motor & ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Big_AZ_Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best brushless motor & ESC

Hello all. I'm new to both this forum and the world of RC. A couple months ago I was at my local park and a guy had a killer RC car. I quickly discovered that my dog prefered chasing that RC car over playing fetch. After some research I found a great deal on a 1/7 scale Team Energy A7X. However after a couple months of heavy daily use I think I may need to upgrade the motor & ESC soon. So my question is what's the best? And I don't mean the best value, I want to know what the best overall option is. Thx!!
Old 10-10-2020, 04:24 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

The stock combo is a 3674-2400KV motor with a 100A ESC.

I would recommend a truggy combo like this 4274-2200KV with a 150A ESC here:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...18335074975859

HobbyWing is about the most reliable brand you can get on the market today, they will stand the test of time. There are more expensive "sensored" options, but I would stay away from them, they will add unnecessary complexity that you don't need to worry about.
The following users liked this post:
Big_AZ_Ed (10-11-2020)
Old 11-07-2023, 02:26 AM
dotingmark365

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flycolor is also a good brand for ESCs.
http://www.noahsrcark.co.uk/products...44000000511114