Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

X MAXX 8S motor issue

Old 11-12-2020, 01:02 PM
icunakedrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X MAXX 8S motor issue

Hi any help would be appreciated...

My xmaxx stopped running the other day. It powers up, steering is working fine, and motor will only "start" to engage. I took it all apart...ALL...and there don't seem to be any loose wires. While it was apart I put power to it and the motor will start to turn (the shaft turns a 1/16 of an inch) but then just stops. It is free turning by hand, but will not turn under electrical power. Any suggestions? I am wondering if the motor is just bad!>>???

Thanks Justin.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:05 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Are there any kinked wires ?
Did it get hot ?
Batteries properly charged ?
Does the drivetrain turn without the motor fitted ?
Does the motor run when not fitted to the truck ?
Im just throwing some possible causes out there and some things worth checking .
Old 11-14-2020, 05:33 AM
icunakedrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seedygreenute
Are there any kinked wires ?
Did it get hot ?
Batteries properly charged ?
Does the drivetrain turn without the motor fitted ?
Does the motor run when not fitted to the truck ?
Im just throwing some possible causes out there and some things worth checking .

Thanks for your thoughts...I spoke with traxxis reps and they suggested the first thing to do was recalibrate the ESC...which I did and it works fine now!!! Thanks again for you response and thoughts. Justin