Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best Basher

Old 12-26-2020, 02:31 PM
Bsudrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Basher

What would be a good vehicle for Wooded Trails? Not a MT I already have a MT.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:53 AM
bill_delong

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Check out the Losi Lasernut U4, looks pretty amazing, has a few quirks to work out but if you want to do it right then go TEKNO:

Old 12-27-2020, 01:42 PM
Bsudrc

I can't find the DB48 for sale all I see is the EB48. Can you still buy the rock racer?
Old 01-31-2021, 07:46 AM
grzzly

Those rock racers are definitely the way to go. however, to offer a more quirky alternative - try a monster slash Or monster senton.

Basically, get a SCT like a slash or senton and raise the body and put big juicy monster truck tires on. I plan on doing one in a few months.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:55 AM
RustyUs

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by grzzly View Post
Those rock racers are definitely the way to go. however, to offer a more quirky alternative - try a monster slash Or monster senton.

Basically, get a SCT like a slash or senton and raise the body and put big juicy monster truck tires on. I plan on doing one in a few months.
I had a Yeti rock racer with solid rear axle/IFS. Although it was great for some things, it was not the well rounded performer that I had hoped for. If I were to go back and revisit that time of my RC life, I'd do it with a Rock racer/U4/Desert Buggy model based off a 1/8 scale buggy, or at least something with four wheel independent suspension. Most 1/8 buggies are what I consider "tanks of the RC world", and I normally would recommend them if someone is willing to put forth all the extra expenses needed for them.

In a "wooded trails" situation like OP is asking about, I think a trail truck/buggy, rock bouncer, or crawler type of platform would be most wanted if walking/hiking is in the game plan...perhaps something that doesn't make insane speed?