Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

C Clip removal issues

Old 12-26-2020, 07:07 PM
jscarano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C Clip removal issues

Having a lot of issues getting this c clip removed. Just want to know any tips or tricks to getting this thing off. Thanks

PS this is from a redcat mt10e diff.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:07 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have any small picks? You can usually find them at most hardware stores. Harbor Freight has a set of 4 for a couple bucks usually if you don't want to invest too much into them. They are helpful for tricky parts like this and you can use them to dig at all sorts of things on your RC cars. Maybe wear safety glasses in case you pop it loose and it shoots off at your face. Also, rather than trying to bring it to the front of the drive cup so you can remove it, maybe push it back towards the diff. Then once you remove that drive cup you can get the C clip again.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:14 PM
jscarano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKoz559 View Post
Do you have any small picks? You can usually find them at most hardware stores. Harbor Freight has a set of 4 for a couple bucks usually if you don't want to invest too much into them. They are helpful for tricky parts like this and you can use them to dig at all sorts of things on your RC cars. Maybe wear safety glasses in case you pop it loose and it shoots off at your face. Also, rather than trying to bring it to the front of the drive cup so you can remove it, maybe push it back towards the diff. Then once you remove that drive cup you can get the C clip again.
I fixed this before you commented but I did get a sorta pick type tool and was able to get it off. Thanks