Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Outcast 6S vs MT410 vs Maxx

Old 01-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Jcway16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outcast 6S vs MT410 vs Maxx

So I’m pretty new to R/C. I recently assembled the TRX4 ‘Crawler kit’ and this truck is awesome. But, I now also want something fast.

I have my eye on the Arrma Outcast 6S, Tekno MT410 (because I loved assembling the TRX4 kit) and the Traxxas Maxx. Here are my thoughts on each...

Arrma Outcast 6S
Pro: Good track record, big and FAST!
Con: It may be too big for the area I will be using it. I know I really will not go anywhere to go R/C, so locally it will be in my yard/lawn/driveway and such

Tekno MT410
Pro: Kit! And I can make it completely mine the first time around
Con: It would probably add up to cost more than the others

Traxxas Maxx
Pro: I like the gimmicky self uprighting feature because I probably drive like ****. It’s also closer to a true 1/10 scale so would probably work better for my smaller area. Seems to have a solid track record
Con: I’m not sure

So, what are everyone’s thoughts?
Old 01-12-2021, 09:00 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Go Tekno. Kits are harder to find anymore and as you stated you're building it the way you want from the start. Tekno makes premium vehicles anyhow. Parts may be more difficult to come by but you can find a source to order from.

Arrma would be a close second for me. They're part of the Arrma / Durango group and Team Durango, just like Tekno, makes premium race vehicles also. I'm seeing more Arrma products at my LHS and I've been taking notice of the Mojave 1/7 SC truck myself.

Lastly, nothing wrong with Traxxas in general but I've personally "outgrown" them. I have an old TMaxx 2.5 that I've held on to and it's my only Traxxas vehicle and my last running nitro vehicle as well. Parts are abundant for the TMaxx platform and I honestly have fun driving it. Otherwise I wouldn't consider investing in a new Traxxas truck. The XMAXX looks interesting but for the same money I have been window shopping a Losi and Arrma product; I'm just having trouble deciding on which one to choose.