Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Associated RB10 RTR

Old 09-25-2021, 06:47 PM
mblaide

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Associated RB10 RTR

Have they started shipping the RB10 RTR yet. I'm in the market for a 1/10 buggy and the price of this one is pretty attractive. I don't compete but I like driving at the local track with my Slash 4x4 VXL. I'm also considering getting an RC10B6.3D for the fun of building it and then adding electronics over time to spread out the cost. Thought? Comments?
Old 10-01-2021, 02:50 AM
RustyUs

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mblaide View Post
Have they started shipping the RB10 RTR yet. I'm in the market for a 1/10 buggy and the price of this one is pretty attractive. I don't compete but I like driving at the local track with my Slash 4x4 VXL. I'm also considering getting an RC10B6.3D for the fun of building it and then adding electronics over time to spread out the cost. Thought? Comments?
I always say companies try to get their RTRs to an attractive price point. But, you gotta look at what you get for the electronics chosen for you verses what you would buy to put in to a kit. RTR electronics are usually rock bottom ~ mediocre at best.

I wish Team Associated would go back to offering RC kits as the norm. The RB10 would be a perfect RC if a person had an option to build it themselves. If you have any inkling of building a kit, I say go for it!
Old 10-09-2021, 07:55 AM
mblaide

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
I always say companies try to get their RTRs to an attractive price point. But, you gotta look at what you get for the electronics chosen for you verses what you would buy to put in to a kit. RTR electronics are usually rock bottom ~ mediocre at best.

I wish Team Associated would go back to offering RC kits as the norm. The RB10 would be a perfect RC if a person had an option to build it themselves. If you have any inkling of building a kit, I say go for it!
Thanks for they reply. I ended up buying the B6.3D kit and all electronics so I can compete in the stock buggy class. Started the build yesterday!
The following users liked this post:
RustyUs (10-10-2021)