Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Bolink Legends

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Element

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolink Legends

Hello,I have had my legend for awhile it really fast for the equipment it carrys.The esc is a duratrax blast the motor is a legends class.It flies way faster than my evader with a pro stock in it.Do you think it is worth to fixup my legend?Im thinking of puting a prostock motor in it and new wheels and tires plus i need a new rear axle it will cost about $50 to fix up.ALso does any one know what class a legends is race wise?
Old 10-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Topstrap

Default RE: Bolink Legends

The Legends were designed to be raced in a class that limits everyone to the same motor, tires, battery and other limitations. It seems now that parts are a bit harder to get that different tracks have come up with "local" rules for that class. At two of the tracks I run Legends on we are allowed a 1.15 4 cell 2400 battery, SPEC motor with a "P" brush, any tire compound, turnbuckle steering and bearings on the axles. The stricter Legend rules did not allow the replacement of the wire steering links, you had to use the bushings that came with the kit on the axles and you used the Legend SPEC tires and usually a spec battery. I've heard other tracks have an outlaw Legend class that basically only says you need to maintain the siderails of the frame and anything else goes.

They can be made to run very well and are a blast to race. If you're going to run it at a track you'll need to find out what the local rules are before you start changing things that may not be allowed. Mine with a SPEC motor and a 1.15 4 cell 2400 and older pancar tires and a lot of playing with suspension tweeking runs just about 6 tenths of a second off the fastest 4 cell stock NASCAR pancar lap time on a 218ft carpet oval. Only thing bad about making them fast is they do have a couple of weak spots on the front end, usually it's either the front axle plate or a spindle that breaks and it's getting hard sometimes to find replacements.

Good luck, hope this helps a bit..

Topstrap
Old 10-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Element

Can they be raced in a regular touring car class?I havent seen another legend at the track for about 2years.on my rae list is:
1)rear diff kit
2)new chrome wheels and tires
3)P2K2pro motor
4)High-Torque servo
5)touring body
Think that would be a good setup to atleast place in a race with ep touring cars?Thank You
Old 10-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Topstrap

Don't know about racing with those other cars with a Legend. If your track has what we call a "break Out" class you could probably run that combination there. The track promotor sets a certain lap time, you can run anything you want in that class but your goal is to get as close to that minimum lap time as possible without going faster than it. It really makes you work at becoming consistant with your driving line and skill at making every lap the same as the last. It's not the fastest class but it's meant to help you learn to be coonsistant in your skills.

Sometimes we'll allow a car that doesn't fit into a certain class to run with us if the times are similiar and it's agreeable with EVERYONE that is running in that class.

Good Luck

Topstrap
Old 10-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Element

I think i might get a NTC3 that way ill know for shur eim in the touring class guess ill make my legends into a shelf queen[]
Old 10-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Natesully

Yup. Messy, loud, and FAST=fun. I'd race both of your cars, electric has its ups as well.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:54 AM
Element

ya if i get a high torg. servo and a new esc and motor im pretty shure i could do good in racing, i mean my car weighs a little over 2lb with battery that has to get me somewhere the only problem i see is 4wd becasue of that i doubt they will let em in the touring class[]
Old 10-20-2003, 05:59 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

you dont need a high torque servo, in fact the legend is one of the easiest cars on its servos i know of. But you do need a very fast servo, because the car snaps instantly into being sideways and you need to be able to counter steer fast. On mine i replaced the siderails with aluminum stock thats strecthed to fit normal bodies, it has trinity pre trued and balanced wheels, an 8t esc and a zircon speed gems and one 8 cell pack(its fast). I also cut out a stick pack hole in the side of weach rail so i can put the pack in sideways and near the back. Also the gear ratio is really important on these cars. Buy one of those 9t-30t pinion sets, and try different ones. Mine goes from slow to really fast to slow again with just a difference of about 5 teeth.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:21 AM
lucky30

Default RE: <span class=

I have a bolink sport 2,000 and a tc3 the bolink is alot faster but hard to control I just drag it down the street, since the bolinks have no tranny its almost direct drive no parts to ware out like the tc3.
It has a brushless motor 28 pinion and 69 spur, and boy is it fast!
Old 12-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Element

sorry for bringing up my old thread but do any of you guys know the size body the legend take i have decided to fix it up and i think i want to make it a 2wd sedan.Thanks[sm=wink.gif]
Old 12-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Element

Bump

Can someone post a link where i can get parts for bolink cars.Th has disc. all of them and i lost the link i used to buy from.Thanks