Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

kyosho perfex KA1 esc

Old 04-04-2004, 03:06 PM
tjaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho perfex KA1 esc

My kid brother owns a Kyosho Zaboon. It's a RTR electric buggy. It's equipped with a Kyosho Perfex KA1 ESC. The motor is broken so he needs to get a new one. I was thinking of getting him a better performer than the stock motor, but I can't find any info on the ESC. Does anyone know what this ESC can take? If I don't want to change the ESC nor the gearing, what would be the best motor to install?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Erkko S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kyosho perfex KA1 esc

I can see this topic is old but nevertheless...

There does not sem to be a lot of info about this stock ESC. Basically, you should stick with the stock motor with it. Change the motor AND esc.

My son burned the motor first, I bought a new stock one. Now he burned the referse FET of the ESC and I would appreciate if someone could tell me the ###s of the FETs so I could replace it. The ESC has four FETs, the reverse FET is the rear left, as seen from the wires' side. Also maybe I could buy a used one, I am sure there are lots of them lying around after upgrades. Offers, please?

Yes, I will buy upgrade parts (starting from bearings) once he learns to handle this set well...

Cheers,
Erkko