Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Help with a TT-01 Motor Selection

Old 10-31-2004, 10:42 AM
thecrow2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a TT-01 Motor Selection

I was old by the guy at my local hobby shop that my tt-01 will not take any other than stock motors, if I stick in a 23t motor it will kill the car, is this true as Ive heard of people using 15t in their tl-01 cars. Please any tt-01 drivers or owners help!
Old 10-31-2004, 10:49 AM
muahaha

Default RE: Help with a TT-01 Motor Selection

yes, that's unfornately true as the tt01 has a fix motor mount. but a nice sport tuned 540 should go in there without any problem.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Karl the Mechan

RUBBISH!

The motor-mount in the TT is made of PLASTIC and has FOUR mounting-positions. This means that FOUR different pinions can be used. In combination with THREE different spur gears this gives TWELVE gearing alternatives.

The plastic-mount is fine for basic motors but if you plan to put in something more powerful you MUST fit the optional "53666 TT01 Metal Motor Mount Set". And the "53664 TT01 Aluminium Motor Heat Sink".

Also the propshaft will flex and rub the radio/ESC, but the "53620 TT01 Aluminium Propeller Shaft" cures that. Now the motor-limit lies in the choise of ESC.

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:31 PM
muahaha

hmmm my mistake, i use own the 1st batch (prerelease version) and it's only have a fix motor mount like the f201. .
Old 11-03-2004, 05:09 PM
previ

I run my TT-01 with a 12 turn LRP fusion !!
Rips the tarmac....great handling....!!
Oh and yes you definitely have to get the prop shaft that comes with the original kit dumped and install an aluminium one!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Karl the Mechan

muahaha. Now I'm curious. How the devil do you get hold of a PRE-RELEASE Tamiya kit ???
Old 11-07-2004, 11:07 PM
muahaha

hehe, it's my secret. well lets just say i have some connection and since during that time it's close to the tcs here in aus, i happen to be able to get hold of one prerelease just to see how it looks like (the ones that the distributor will have to showcase the lastest release).
Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 AM
xeliman

dont listen to begginers or others that dont know anything about rc cars,i have put a dozen of motors to my tt-01 you can put any mod motor you want from 6t and adove or any brushless with 540 size can,you missing the point there my tt-01 goes over 65 mph with a brushless 6t motor and still no wear to the gears i use stock spur and pinion coz its too fast.you can use more than 4 pinions with the plastic or metal motor mount.for example with a 58t spur you can use 24t or 25t pinion gear,you just get the motor hotter put a heat sink,a gpm aluminium propeler shaft it fits perfect and its lighter than tamiyas shaft,and take the aluminium motor mount from gpm not from tamiya,tamiyas heavier and from metal not from alloy and no too good as a heat sink.and upgrade to metal bearings.