Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Haulin Azz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

I have came up with a whole new tranny design. I might try to sell it to a company but IDK I am putting it in my pede tomarrow. I will not post pics anywhere until Tamiya gets back to me on it. sorry.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:31 AM
gunnut

ORIGINAL: f150dan
Also, the JB Welded diff is holding up fine. It didn't hurt my turning radius nearly as much as I though it would though. I ordered another diff just incase I want to change it back too.
I've thought about doing this in the past. Does it hook up pretty good on pavement? I'm tired of having my inside tire balloon up whenever I accellerate out of a turn! If I do it I might put my aluminum idler in since there may be more strain on the tranny with a locked diff. I'm running the slipper all the way tight too ...
How many runs have you done since it was JB'ed?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:35 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: gunnut
I've thought about doing this in the past. Does it hook up pretty good on pavement? I'm tired of having my inside tire balloon up whenever I accellerate out of a turn! If I do it I might put my aluminum idler in since there may be more strain on the tranny with a locked diff. I'm running the slipper all the way tight too ...
Well, I only got to make 1 run with it until I broke a front camber link. Actually I just stripped the titanium turnbuckle out of the traxxas rod end, but I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.
I didn't get to run it on pavement yet either. I was just running it around my yard. It definately helped acceleration of the truck.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:13 AM
aircruiser

We got in from bashing a little while ago, dad ran down his battery and the brother had a few misshaps, but it all turned out alright. The mini mauler is now up and running, I drove it around while waiting for the pede to charge. I tried out my new HUMMER body, it is now my bashing body. I like to switch bodies and now all my pickup bodies are getting new holes cut in the bed so I don't have to take the body mount extensions off. I think it'll look cool like dual exhaust stacks. [8D] I plan to get more SUV bodies, but right now I'm cool with my six others. Today we are giving my brother his digger body and I will try and get the clod body on. More bashing tomorrow and I will try and get better pics of the bronco body 'cause the one in my av didn't turn out to well. Well, thanks for the help all. Good Morning!

(It's 12:15 here in MN)

-Pancakes
Old 03-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Haulin Azz

who do you think will get back to me quicker on it tamiya or losi?
Old 03-26-2006, 01:55 AM
gunnut

Gen. Lee-- I don't know... I would guess losi? Their customer support is pretty top notch, so maybe they will be quick to respond.

pancakes-- You do have a nice collection of bodies! I have three bodies for my stampede: the original- now has a wireless camera mounted in it, a silver dodge dakota (like my real truck), and a $5 replacement body from traxxas.com.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:11 AM
f150dan

post a pic of the Dakota body. I don't think I've seen it before.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:27 AM
MONSTARUSTA

Don't completly lock it. I did that in my rusty and when you wheely it causes the truck to turn back in forth really fast because of the slop in the drive line it flips the truck. I'd recommed useing like 100,000 wt. diff lube.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:28 AM
MONSTARUSTA

Don't completly lock it. I did that in my rusty and when you wheely it causes the truck to turn back in forth really fast because of the slop in the drive line it flips the truck. I'd recommed useing like 100,000 wt. diff lube.

P.S. on dirt I find it helps performance! It helps dirft the back end around hard corners the you'd normally take at a trutles pace!

Old 03-26-2006, 05:08 AM
f150dan

how long will it take the diff lube to leak out of the housing? I was running thick automotive chassis grease in my diff for a while. It worked good until it slings it all out. It would usually take 3-4 weeks before I had to repack it again though. I always thought it would be worse with diff lube.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I use this stupp called monkey crap(??), seriously that's what i hear it refurrred to as. It's this sticky stuff in a roll and it packs the diff good, but allows for a slow action. All my cars have somwhat locked diffs. And f150dan, i got some competition
Old 03-26-2006, 07:20 PM
aircruiser

Well, thanks to all of you, I have now decided to do some hopping up! [8D] I just painted my white rims flat black and tomorrow we are heading to the R/C store to pick up a new bumper, wheely bar and hopefully the clod buster body will be done tomorrow too. My brother is going to get his digger body painted and put on and my dad will get his skool bus on. Right now the rims are drying and will be double coated. Oh, and I also changed my username to Spede. [8D]

NEW AVATAR AND PICS TOMORROW!!

-Spede

EDIT: Can anyone show me a link to a wheely bar for the pede??

Oh, newest breaks include a side swipe from my brothers pede and a rollover resulting in a broken body mount extension. At least we are going to the store tomorrow!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:42 PM
aircruiser

pancakes-- You do have a nice collection of bodies! I have three bodies for my stampede: the original- now has a wireless camera mounted in it, a silver dodge dakota (like my real truck), and a $5 replacement body from traxxas.com.
Yeah I'm real happy how everything worked out. Here are the bodies I have:

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab Bearfoot edition
1997 Ford F-150 single cab Bigfoot edition
2002 Dodge Ram quad cab (filled with Venom stickers)
Stock 97 pede body
1997 Ford F-150 monster body
1987 Ford Bronco
2005 HUMMER H2 SUV
2006 Tamiya Clod Buster

My 97s are all wrecked except for the F-150 monster body and all my others are somewhat scratched up. I love the broncos so that's my favorite body now plus it matches the one I am looking to buy. I even custom painted the silver part on the tailgate.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
gunnut

post a pic of the Dakota body. I don't think I've seen it before.
I just took the pics. I haven't been using the body since I lowered my body mounts because it rubs pretty bad when turning. I think I will trim it up and start using it again though. It's a Parma '97 dakota, I got it from tower hobbies. I'll put up a pic of my real silver dakota too
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26180.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	433638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41600.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	433639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54211.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	433640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le92754.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	433641  
Old 03-26-2006, 07:53 PM
-Inverted-

Swami-RC makes a wheelie bar for the stampede.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:12 PM
thunderw0lf

Across the street from me there is a field the apartmanet owns. There is about a 5 foot drop just off the street where they cut down trees. I'd say it's at about a 55 degree angle. If I can avoid the twigs and stumps my Stampede will get up the hill. Pretty good for a 2 wheel drive vehicle I'd say. Guess I should mention I have a brushless motor in it as well.[8D]
Old 03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
aircruiser

I just checked the rims, still wet after the second coat. But I did manage to get some pics.

BEFORE

AFTER

I used some masking tape and pressed it around the outside of the rim and sprayed it. I painted them flat black for a nice rugged look. They should be on by tonight! Just some flat black spray paint we bought from wal-mart.

EDIT: The second coat covered the white smudge on the bottom left wheel. Thanks for the help cadillac kid, gonna try to pick one up tomorrow.

I am trying to make my pede as durable as possible. Once it's near bulletproof, I'm gonna save the money i make and hopefully not break anymore.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
-Inverted-

I love black rims on black tires, couple with a black body it's so stealthy looking, I love it. Unfortunately my last rims were chrome to fit in with all the "bling"
Old 03-26-2006, 09:09 PM
aircruiser

Yeah I'm not a big fan of chrome neither. I just got out and the wheels are still trying their best to dry. (It's 40 degrees here, I like the weather, but not good paint drying weather.) My brothers digger body is now done being painted and my dad's school bus was a handful, but got done. Now my clod body has a light blue paint being put on and it is extremely thin and may need up to 10 coats! [X(] But hopefully it will turn out nice. I will get pics of the rims on the truck when they dry, but soon after, I'm goin out to bash with my dad and brother. Gonna have to take it easy so the paint doesn't fall off though.

EDIT: THE RIMS ARE DONE!!

A little white, but when the new tires come, there most likely will be new rims.

Here's the truck, up on blocks.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:55 PM
gunnut

The f-150 monster body looks awesome on there. I need to look for one of those.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:31 PM
aircruiser

SHE'S ALL DONE!

With the rims anyways. I just took the truck out for a test drive and a few photos.

I think they turned out alright.

A better look at it.

Here is a close up of the rim.

And the R/C table.

Thanks for the complements on the F-150, it's custom made for the stampede. My favorite is the bronco body and tomorrow after it is all modded up, I'm gonna take it out in the day light and snap a few pictures for an avatar.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:08 AM
monsterpede360

Hey guys wats up it fells good to be back. How are yalls pedes doin these day.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
aircruiser

Well I got this whole week off for spring break so I'm getting around to doing stuff on the stampede I never really got to do. My projects for it so far were the black rims, front bumper, wheelie bar and a removable roll cage around the camera for on board movies. So far the black rims are done and this afternoon we're heading off to the hobby shop. My clod buster ended up becoming a blue tint after 6 coats and decided just to spray on the whit underlayer. Today I'm going to start on the rollcage and maybe design a few other modifications for the stampede. Well, hope all goes well, see you later.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
f150dan

I like you Dakota body man. That Stampede F-150 body does look great. I would like to have one too, but they are pretty hard to find since they've been discontinued.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:45 PM
gunnut

I like you Dakota body man. That Stampede F-150 body does look great. I would like to have one too, but they are pretty hard to find since they've been discontinued.
Thanks f150dan.
I was afraid those stampede f-150 bodies were discontinued [] I wonder why?? I'm sure people would buy them. Oh well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.