Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

cheap pan car?

Old 12-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap pan car?

hi guys, i'm looking for a really cheap entry level pan car.
i race a X-ray on our indoor carpet and a guy turned up with some trinity job, real nice but even his SH one was 85 pounds, far too much for what is 10 pounds worth of carbon fibre and some other small parts.
a few club members also want to try this simplier cheaper form off racing and so far we;ve found this.
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...0&showbig=6809

it works out to be about 62 pounds, any thing cheaper or about the same out there? buying from the US shouldn't be a problem as long as we don't get stung by customs, if not UK options are great.

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:00 PM
haydn fan

Default RE: cheap pan car?

Hey man, the only thing that I would consider as a problem would be parts avaliblity. Does you local track carry Corally parts? If so than I'd say that, that would be a good car for the money, and a nice car at the entry level. But if you would save up a little more and get this http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...od&prodID=1301 (just copy and paste it) I think that it would be a better car than the corally. And it is only $30.00 ( what ever that would be in pounds ) than the corally. That is what everyone runs at my track. I hope that this helps!

Ruger 10/22
Old 12-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Cactus.

we carry no spares at all, anything would have to be brought in, thats why a car sold in the UK would be better, but with the pound so strong it's not hard to get bits.

your car comes out at about 77 pounds. persoanaly ( the other guys have more to spend ) i'd like to find stuff under 50 pounds, thats about $100

i didn't know my linked car was a corally, a good name in this form as racing as far as i know.
that carpet shark looks very much like this guys SH one, his new one was all blue graphite, probably the newest version.
thanks for the suggestion, i'll pass it on.
any more?
Old 12-19-2004, 04:34 PM
studysession

Looks like a good deal to me. If I were in the market for one, I would go for it.