Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya TT-01

Old 01-09-2005, 09:05 AM
thecrow2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TT-01

Hi, just installed some hop-ups on the TT-01, late christmas presents, carbon upper frame, alloy hexes turnbuckle tie rod set, toe-in rear uprights and aluminium propeller shaft. Wanna know who here has a tt-01 an dif they have any mods on theirs and what they think of it, also the best hop-ups I could get next, I drive on a carpet track with a kit motor, hoping to start racing
in the next few weeks.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Revs

Default RE: Tamiya TT-01

Shud have asked me on msn!!!
I dont own a tl01 but a close freind of mine has one, which regurly destroyed A final. It had a carbon upper deck, lots of blue, including front and rear hubs, steering coponents full set of adjusters, blue wheel hexs, blue prop shaft, blue screws, ball diffs, Some expensive bearings not sure exactly which ones as i never saw them, blue body mounts blue servo posts the list of blueness was endless.

You have a good start with the car, so i wouldnt worry about hop ups for a while, or you wont notice the efect the new ones had, make sure your tie rods are set properly or it will cause handling problems, im sure if you google search you could find a set up. A good up grade would be new connecters, corallys being my choice or deans, both have the same resistance but the corallys are cheeper.
Tom
Old 01-09-2005, 06:22 PM
stangman86gt
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Tamiya TT-01

What i've been told if you are running a motor other than the stock one is at the least get a metal motor mount, and an aluminum drive shaft.

The motor mount will hold the motor in place better, and the stock drive shaft wobbles more at the higher rpms(to the point where it has chaffed some wires that are to the side of it).