Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Can I Use a Remote That Uses Sticks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 10:20 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I Use a Remote That Uses Sticks?

I know it seems crazy but i would rather have a remote that uses sticks. I used to have a Nikko and i like that remote. If you know of any remotes that uses sticks and that would work good with a rising storm lmk thanks.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Default RE: Can I Use a Remote That Uses Sticks?

There is some uber famous racer that uses a stick version of the Airtronics M8. He, like you, grew up on the sticks and never got used to a pistol. I have no idea who, or what model, but Airtronics is probably a good place to start. Since it's based on the M8, expect it to cost an arm, a leg, a lung and probably a kidney.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:23 PM
nickd

There are many made by futaba and other companies that use sticks, most are lower end 2 channel radio's but others that are made for boats are more, 3channels+ and people also use airplane radios that are converted for surface use eg. 75mhz rather then 72mhz.
there are many options.
I used to like the sicks but now have gotten used to the pistol grip and like it much better then the sticks try one out
Nick
Old 03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

ok thanks alot for the info i didnt know if it was possible i saw that they were available for boats and airplanes
Old 03-16-2005, 10:36 AM
speedythecat

I just bash, I don't get to race, and I enjoy using both kinds of radios. I'm comfortable driving sticks and pistols equally well. There's just something fun about using a 2-stick once in awhile. I have cheap Futaba 2VR's and T2DR's. They are hella inexpensive and work great, never a glitch! I normally use my 2-sticks for my electric monster trucks and drive my cars with pistols, I mix it up some times though. One thing I really like is that I use a tower hobbies neck strap with my 2 sticks and that takes alot of fatigue out of long runtimes. My clod crawler runs like 45 minutes with GP3300's, hehe.

The pistols generally have alot more features in the same priuce range though..... my 2pl pistol has digital trims, dual rate, and 10 model memory. The am 2 sticks are very basic. trims, servo reverse, some have a charging jack, some will let you modify them for 70/30 throttle travel instead of 50/50. 2-sticks seem to be available two ways hella cheap and basic 2 channel, and hella expensive 4 channel and up. You can buy many of the 4-channel airplane radios in a ground frequency.

Really I think that anything that I have that goes really fast and needs precise control, I like the pistols, but the 2-stick is definatly a blast to fool with once in awhile.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:38 AM
rc car CRAZY

I allways use the stick ones as I never liked the pistol ones. I find them much easier to use.

Ben
Old 03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
GroundPounder30

Masami Hirosaka uses a two stick transmitter, and he's had a hell of a racing career
Old 03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
YzakB4DDRG

Oh yeah, I remember that sticks version of the M8!! that thing looked like something NASA was fiddling around with! With that LCD screen at the bottom... that was lush! Doesn't Lamberto Collari (1/8 on-road) still use sticks?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

That's the guy I was talking about.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:16 PM
livthemoment

2 sticks is quite common in Europe, from what i can tell from all the race videos i own. A number 1/8th on road and off road drivers use them
Old 03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
YzakB4DDRG

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey

That's the guy I was talking about.
heheh! I remember him 'cause one of my pals were playing some r/c game for his computer and there was a car that looked like his with the orange in the front and the American flag on the sides.