Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Offcial xxx-t thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 04:53 PM
jimbobmerly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offcial xxx-t thread

ok need 4 speed i will just go for the 18t and that is 48p is that right

i no i want the max mamba 5700 too they looks awsome[:-]
but i have just broken my back shock tower and back arm, and parts are really hard to find in the uk[>:]
Old 12-30-2006, 11:48 AM
need 4 speed

it depends look at that link. but u guys i have a question i have the stock internal drive and pinion with 4.1 tire do i needa 18 t pinon or 17 t?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Twiztid1

Hey quick setup question for the xxxt mf2, I'm new to electric offroad trucks, i've got a 12t double motor and i just picked up this truck, whats a good pinion gear to start out with? i want something somewhat fast with some good punch off the corners. Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can offer up.

J~
Old 12-30-2006, 11:21 PM
need 4 speed

what r the speeds of ur xxx-t?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Easy rider

hi Twizt ,

With a 12T motor I would start with a 18 tooth pinion with stock gearing , should work fine.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
TripXT

Heres an updated pic of my MF1, New fury body. Anyone find any other sites for aluminum parts for the xxxt?

And after a complete strip down and spray down with wd-40...An almost new looking xxx-t!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Krakit

Hello all, I've got a question for those running a Novak 5.5Rin a XXXT.

I got my engine in and had ordered a full set of pinions ranging from 16-25 teeth and kevlar spur gears 86t & 76t [48 pitch of course!]. Where is a good place to start with, being careful that I do not "over temp" the engine?

Also, directions in the package box warn me not to run the engine too hot and to check the temperature of the motor. Can someone please explan to me "HOW" I am supposed to check the motor temp? My finger thermometer is inop at the moment.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:20 PM
farknben

ORIGINAL: Krakit

Can someone please explan to me "HOW" I am supposed to check the motor temp? My finger thermometer is inop at the moment.
LOL you've got 10. They cant all be broken.

Just use a finger. If you cant hold it on the motor or esc for more then 4-5 seconds its too hot.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:51 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all, I've got a question for those running a Novak 5.5Rin a XXXT.

I got my engine in and had ordered a full set of pinions ranging from 16-25 teeth and kevlar spur gears 86t & 76t [48 pitch of course!]. Where is a good place to start with, being careful that I do not "over temp" the engine?

Also, directions in the package box warn me not to run the engine too hot and to check the temperature of the motor. Can someone please explan to me "HOW" I am supposed to check the motor temp? My finger thermometer is inop at the moment.
I'm running 14t pinion 88t kevlar spur. It could probably be geared up a little, but Its quick like this.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Easy rider

I don't understand how you can drive the XXXT with such a powerfull motor like the 5.5R !! I once strapped in my 5.5 and my front wheels never touched the ground again. Even with the Novak SS5800 it flies and wheelies like crazy.

How do you do that ?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:08 PM
farknben

On the Mamba Max esc I set the throttle curve very low so I dont wheelie too much if I dont gun it.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Easy rider

Aha , I get it. I have a couple of Mamba max's myself too , might try one in my XXXT.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
farknben

No prob. I just got the MM about 2 weeks ago. The first time I tried it out(before programming) I couldnt keep the front end on the ground. Now Im lovin' it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Krakit

Ok, just set up my XXXT w/ the 5.5R.....................WOW! The damn thing is fast and nearly impossible to steer straight as it always wants to turn and do a 360 on me. Guess it'd help if I had the correct tires and wasn't ruining my knobby tires on the slick hangar floors. It looks like the XXXT is on "Dancing with the Stars".

Well, I ran it on a fully charged IB4200 NiMH batt and it is quite impressive. And using the ratio for gearing [Formula for finding Final Drive Ratios = [Spur Gear] x [Tranny Ratio] divided by [Pinion Gear]; I set up the drive ratio to 10.93:1 [Stock pinion [20t], Spur gear [90t], Tranny ratio of 2.43:1] as replacement parts here in Iraq are rare. I occasionally checked the temp of the motor with "my thermometer - finger] and the motor did not get hot as I had expected.

Eventually, when my shipment of pinions get here, I will change my gearing to 12.63:1 [Pinion=15, Spur=78t, Tranny ration=2.43:1]. Hopefully that will make things better, give more power and top end.

Oh yeah, one more thing...the car is broken as I power slid around a corner, right into a table leg, cracking the rear pivot plate in half. I guess tomorrow we'll see if I paid attention in metal fabrication & airframe classes from the military. That's what I get for showing off!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
farknben

Ok, just set up my XXXT w/ the 5.5R.....................WOW! The damn thing is fast and nearly impossible to steer straight as it always wants to turn and do a 360 on me. Guess it'd help if I had the correct tires and wasn't ruining my knobby tires on the slick hangar floors. It looks like the XXXT is on "Dancing with the Stars".

Eventually, when my shipment of pinions get here, I will change my gearing to 12.63:1 [Pinion=15, Spur=78t, Tranny ration=2.43:1]. Hopefully that will make things better, give more power and top end.

Oh yeah, one more thing...the car is broken as I power slid around a corner, right into a table leg, cracking the rear pivot plate in half. I guess tomorrow we'll see if I paid attention in metal fabrication & airframe classes from the military. That's what I get for showing off!
Hehehe...I know the feeling, donuts like crazy huh?

I broke the chassis 3 min into my first run with mine, T-boned my 1:1 cars tire[:@] not good.

btw what branch are you in? I used to be in the Marine Corp airwing. yup...hanger floors are slick!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:53 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Easy rider

I don't understand how you can drive the XXXT with such a powerfull motor like the 5.5R !! I once strapped in my 5.5 and my front wheels never touched the ground again. Even with the Novak SS5800 it flies and wheelies like crazy.

How do you do that ?
Let out the slipper man, mine rarely wheelies with the 5.5r.

If you're getting that much torque to the wheels, you are going to be burning up the ball diff..
Old 01-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Krakit

Farknben,
Yeah I've learned that I am cursed by Allah. Not even 6 minutes into my second pack [after proudly manufacturing a rear pivot plate out of 12 guage steel & 2-hours of labor] I ended up splitting my front kick plate into 3 pieces, cracking the forward secion of my chassis, pulling out 2 screws from the steering section and damaging the steering arms. Damn, you should have seen how much air I got when I hit that bump...THAT WAS A BUMP? Damn car nearly did 2 endos. Nonetheless, at those speeds, nothing would have survived.

Anyways, I'm laughing in horror at my newly found fate. Oh well, 11 days and I get replacement graphite/ aluminum parts. Meanwhile...I guess I'll play Rambo!

P.S. Marines - Aircraft Mechanic & Crew Chief

Hunter306
I loosened up the slippes so I can hold the right tire and spur gear and slightly move the left tire. I think it's too loose, adding to my 360 problems...either that, or my front end was broken and I didn't see it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Krakit

Does anyone know where I can order an alloy front kick plate and steering brace[LOSA-4122], and an alloy motor guard [LOSA-4118]?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
farknben

Does anyone know where I can order an alloy front kick plate and steering brace[LOSA-4122], and an alloy motor guard [LOSA-4118]?
Sorry man, I looked at a couple of sites I have book-marked with parts but no luck on those 2.

Personally I would stick with the plastic ones with a brushless. It would be too easy for me to bend aluminum[:@] parts.

btw Avionics w/mals-36 and mals-16
Old 01-06-2007, 01:55 PM
need 4 speed

any 1 done front or back flips with there xxx-t ? any vids i did a front flip on acdent and will post the vid soon. i broke the battery hold part thats on the chassisso i need a new vhassis should i get a graphite 1?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 PM
farknben

Id pass on the graphite if your hard(bash) on the truck. The plastic is stronger but does flex a little more. So IMO graphite for racing, plastic for bashing.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:47 PM
need 4 speed

k and 1 quick qustion does any1 elses batery strap let the bateries out in a hard hard landing?any way to fix this probles?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:59 PM
farknben

Have you tried flipping the strap over? Its made for 2 different size batts.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
need 4 speed

k ill try that but rite now im lookin for new chassis and transmission case (they broke while trying to backflip in the street)
Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Krakit

ORIGINAL: need 4 speed

k and 1 quick qustion does any1 elses batery strap let the bateries out in a hard hard landing?any way to fix this probles?

need 4 speed: I was thinking about riveting velcro straps in place instead of using the battery brace. Now, I'm not telling you to go out and do this! I'm just suggesting a probable fix. I'll do this when I get my new chassis and report the results if any. This may help keep the batts more secure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.