Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Offcial xxx-t thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:08 PM
losixxx-t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offcial xxx-t thread

(well, it did say Rustler before i found out i could change it ha/ha
Old 01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: losixxx-t

Ok, i know my screen name says Rustler, but I sold it to my son and bought a XXX-T RTR the day after x-mas. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!
Its like goin' from a Yugo to a Lexus!. I bought RPM Clawz and Pro Line Speed Hawgs, 7 cell batt. and Co27 motor for racing. Geared 17/88, (want to get 86t spur), this thing is a pleasure to drive. Didnt like the 19 turn motor it came with though, it burnt up in 3 days. I called Losi, and they wanted me to send the motor and speed controller back to them (I pay for shipping) and they said they would see what they could do for me. Wasnt happy about that, so i'll probably get an Amber 17turn to replace it. Other than that, it rocks!
Welcome to the XXX-T family

My XXX-T was my first stadium truck so I actually thought the stock motor was pretty fast. Since I now run much faster brushless or 12-turn brushed motors when I'm just bashing around, I've got a new idea of what fast is...I also have a new idea of just how bad of a driver I am[X(] I've ordered a P2K2 Pro for my intended introduction to racing this thing so maybe my driving will improve as well. Anyhoo...my original motor burned up on me like yours did. It got so hot it melted the motor guard down causing it to attach to one of the brushes. When it cooled it tried to go back into shape and ended up pulling the endbell halfway off the motor because it had fused to the brush wire. I never stopped to think that maybe the motor was sub-par. Thanks for mentioning it. If you do end up sending it back, let us know what they say.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:49 PM
BoysToys

Ed-
I am thinking of picking up a 27T Stock motor to attempt racing as well. I am just a little intimidated by the whole idea. The season starts up in about a month or two here. I may give it a shot for a race or two just to see how much I enjoy it. I think that I like not knowing how bad of a driver I actually am and a race or two will definitely show me. Good luck with your venture into competative rc.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Brushless Corey

ORIGINAL: Hemi6677

So far I have only been racing at P&T Hobbies in Mitchell, Indiana but I have only been two times so far. Charlestown is only about 50 minutes from Seymour so we are practically neighbors!

I'm actually thinking of going up to Mitchell this Sat. and see what its all about. It sucks cause there isn't a offroad indoor track specifically for electric around here. I did go to a track in KY last Sat. that has a dirt oval and figure eight. It was pretty fun watching. I'm either going to one of those tracks this weekend, but I'd rather hit up a offroad to put this truck through its paces.

I was up at the LHS today peeping out a Losi 8ight nitro buggy. I was really close to buying it, but I think I'm either gonna get the Muggy or wait for the 8ightT when it comes out in Feb or March. Only depends on if it comes RTR or not.

If I decide to hit up Mitchell I'll throw you a PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Hemi6677

Corey, I'm 99% sure I'll be at Mitchell this weekend. Practice starts at 3:00pm and racing at 6:00pm. If your screen name means anything they do not have a brushless/modified off-road class only a 27t stock and a novice off-road class. Usually if you are a novice I think they allow you to run whatever happen to bring. The current track layout is really fun and easy to learn. Load up the gear and come on over. Lately they have been having 11 different classes of cars for both the off-road and oval course (the off-road is in the middle of the oval) and get finished up around 12:30am. Really nice people that help anyone that needs setup advice or parts and the owner Paul is a super nice guy!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:16 AM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: BoysToys

Ed-
I am thinking of picking up a 27T Stock motor to attempt racing as well. I am just a little intimidated by the whole idea. The season starts up in about a month or two here. I may give it a shot for a race or two just to see how much I enjoy it. I think that I like not knowing how bad of a driver I actually am and a race or two will definitely show me. Good luck with your venture into competative rc.
B. - Intimidated is right. I know there are 8 year olds out there who will whoop my arse and that's a tough pill to swallow for someone who's 38. Still, people like rccrazyindenver are real supportive and go a long way towards making a person realize that they're not going to be treated like a disease if they show up and aren't the most proficient driver. I'm headed to the track tomorrow to watch crazy and the other guys race. Hopefully it will give me an energy boost to do what I've always wanted to do. Thanks for the "Good luck" and I'll pass a "Good luck" right back at ya for when you decide to take the leap
Old 01-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Brushless Corey

ORIGINAL: Hemi6677

Corey, I'm 99% sure I'll be at Mitchell this weekend. Practice starts at 3:00pm and racing at 6:00pm. If your screen name means anything they do not have a brushless/modified off-road class only a 27t stock and a novice off-road class. Usually if you are a novice I think they allow you to run whatever happen to bring. The current track layout is really fun and easy to learn. Load up the gear and come on over. Lately they have been having 11 different classes of cars for both the off-road and oval course (the off-road is in the middle of the oval) and get finished up around 12:30am. Really nice people that help anyone that needs setup advice or parts and the owner Paul is a super nice guy!

Cool....I may have to show up then. I'm not too worried about racing my truck yet. I just want to put it on a track and get some proactice in. I think the ESC on my truck will work with brushed motors so I may have to buy me one to compete sometime. Or just slowly build me another truck. I've got almost enough spare parts to do so right now. I'll talk with my brother and see what he wants to do and I'll let you know. If I don't post tonight, check tomorrow and I'll let you know.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Hemi6677

Sounds good. If you run a Novak GTB ESC then you can run a brushed motor as it is what I use to run mine. Just pick up a P2K2 Pro and you should be good to go for Mitchell. I'll check back and if you need any help with directions just let me know.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Brushless Corey

I got directions from map quest. I should be there around the time the doors open at 3. Just look for two brown haired, short guys with XXX-T's. Mine has the black/neon green body and my brother has the red body and chrome wheels.

Couple quick questions for some of you.

1. Is there a difference between the MF2 graphite chassis and the regular chassis?

2. Will a MF2 tranny fit in a regualer RTR XXX-T?

Old 01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
rccrazyindenver

Ed, Thanks for the compliment!!!! I assure you guys at any track around the contry there are new races at the every saturday night. I got into this hobby just six months ago and I got nothing but support from all the local racers. Infact I can walk up to any of them now and ask for help, they will put down their tools and help me. Infat one of the pro gus gave me his setup sheet at one of the big races I was at and helped me set my truck up!!!

Good luck to all in your racing endevors and Ed I look forward to seeing you tonight at the track.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Brushless Corey

ORIGINAL: Brushless Corey

I got directions from map quest. I should be there around the time the doors open at 3. Just look for two brown haired, short guys with XXX-T's. Mine has the black/neon green body and my brother has the red body and chrome wheels.

Couple quick questions for some of you.

1. Is there a difference between the MF2 graphite chassis and the regular chassis?

2. Will a MF2 tranny fit in a regualer RTR XXX-T?

Sorry I didn't get to show up today. I went to a dirt oval close to my house and recieved a phone call from my mother in law that one of my pugs was having a seizure so I had to go home and see how my dog was doing. I felt like I needed to stay home to keep an eye on him. I'm gonna try to make it out next week to do some offroad. The dirt oval stuff was kinda fun, but I want to jump.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:23 AM
losixxx-t

Not to butt in to the conversation, but sorry to hear about your dog dude, my bro-in-law has a black pug and it is the coolest dog.
She's named Macy and is like having a kid around! Anyway, hope your dog is ok. 'Later
Old 01-21-2007, 12:05 PM
rccrazyindenver

Specialed,

Just wanted to thank you for comeing out to the track last night. I know you had a great time and I look forward to seeing you next saturday (truck in hand) for a little racing action!!!

Corey,

Sorry to hear about your dog!!!! I don't know what I would do with out my little guy around.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
SpecialEd

Crazy Man,

I had an awesome time, thanks to you. I sincerely appreciate all the time you took explaining things. I'll be there Thursday for practice but I think that until I get my DX2 I had better not risk it (don't want to glitch my truck into a hundred pieces). I've been working on the wife ever since I got home so maybe there's a glimmer of hope that I can get the DX2 sometime this week. Oh...I just remembered...our 7th anniversary is in a couple of weeks (weekend of the Rumble in the Rockies)...maybe I can drop a subtle (or not so subtle) hint about what she can get me to celebrate the day I finally caved in and married her.

Got to tell the other XXX-T owners here that Crazy made us proud last night. In his main he popped a ball stud and had to take his truck off to repair it. He managed to almost lap the leader in his comeback. It was a really nice piece of driving.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Brushless Corey

My pug ended up being fine after a while. I think it freaked him out just as bad and my mother in law. I sat at home with him for several hours just to monitor him. I planned on leaving the dirt oval track and be up at the other track by 3 or so. I ended up sitting at home with Chopper and keeping an eye on him for the majority of the night. Thanks for the concern everyone.

While at the oval though, I did round up some new parts for the XXX-T. I picked up a Lunsford turnbuckle and pivot rod kit for $30 and bought the graphite chassis for $20. I also found me a good deal on a VERY gently used XX4 4wd buggy and a MF2 truck. So I'll probably be adding those to my stable. The MF2 is a little on the rough side, but I figure I have enough graphite parts and plastic parts I can make the MF2 into a practically new truck and build a basher on the side.

I have a chance to buy a Novak 5.5 Velociti GTB setup as well. I think that'll go into the XX4 though. We'll have to see.

Hemi....I talked with my brother and I'm almost posotive that me and him will be up there this coming Sat.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:43 PM
rccrazyindenver

Special,

You don't have to have a better radio it is just nice to not worry about glitching when racing. Good luck with practice on thursday, and I hope to see you saturday for a little racing fun!!!

Thanks for the "press release" about the race!!!

Oh and I found out why I couldn't turn all the way...didn't have the radio programed right.....[:@]
Old 01-23-2007, 10:25 AM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: rccrazyindenver

Special,

You don't have to have a better radio it is just nice to not worry about glitching when racing. Good luck with practice on thursday, and I hope to see you saturday for a little racing fun!!!

Thanks for the "press release" about the race!!!

Oh and I found out why I couldn't turn all the way...didn't have the radio programed right.....[:@]
Shhhh...don't tell my wife I don't have to have a better radio...she won't let me get one then [&o] I was actually going to get one this summer but ended up buying a touring car instead. I know...would have been better to have a radio I can use with all of my trucks than an extra car but I had a serious case of meningitis so wasn't thinking clearly

We'll see how the XXX-T holds up to my crappy driving. If I do okay I'll race on Saturday. My P2K2 Pro came yesterday so I'll be testing that out at the same time.

Didn't have the radio programmed right I can't count the number of times I've had that happen. At least you found it so Saturday you can get around Levi a little easier. I'll try and make it out even if I'm not racing...I love the smell of the dirt track
Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 PM
rccrazyindenver

Shhhh...don't tell my wife I don't have to have a better radio...she won't let me get one then I was actually going to get one this summer but ended up buying a touring car instead. I know...would have been better to have a radio I can use with all of my trucks than an extra car but I had a serious case of meningitis so wasn't thinking clearly

We'll see how the XXX-T holds up to my crappy driving. If I do okay I'll race on Saturday. My P2K2 Pro came yesterday so I'll be testing that out at the same time.

Didn't have the radio programmed right I can't count the number of times I've had that happen. At least you found it so Saturday you can get around Levi a little easier. I'll try and make it out even if I'm not racing...I love the smell of the dirt track
Cool!!! good luck thursday...with that motor I us 16 pinion and 86. that should get you around the track nicely
Old 01-24-2007, 09:06 PM
BoysToys

Hello again all! I have not gotten up the guts to attempt racing yet but my MaxAmps 6000mah 3S2P 11.1V Lipo pack was on my doorstep today. I fiddled with it a little and had to notch part of the battery tray so that the battery cables could pass through. I used my custom Lexan strap and a strip of velcro and it fit like a glove. I took it out on the street and WOW!!! [X(] This thing flat out FLYS!! I can flip it over on its top going 25-30mph simply by giving it full throttle! It takes lots of throttle controll to keep the front end on the ground. I am going to play with the Mamba settings until I get the throttle curve where I like it. With 14/86 gearing I am guessing that it is in the low 50mph range easily. BRING ON THE NITRO GUYS!! [sm=punching.gif] I have a class after work tomorrow so I won't be able to play but I will try to get some video of it on Friday or Saturday. I am getting ready to take my sons to church for Awana's. After I get back I might be able to get a couple of pics to show you how big the battery is and how it fits!!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:34 PM
mulligan68

I've been reading this forum for a while and have learned quite a bit, so thank you. I am finally going to have some time to actually start racing
Little nervous b/c I haven't raced since racing dirt oval as a kid with a JRX Jr...

I built a MF2 and bought an MF1 off Ebay. I just moved near a good place to race in CT and going to try carpet off road.

Any other setup help besides heavy (60/40wt) oil and foams? What gearing? Any help appreciated.

I wanted to get your thoughts on Radio equipment... I also have an AM Xr2i Radio and had some glitching issues in my Mini-T, but thought it might be the aluminum chassis. I guess after reading someone say why would equip your ride with a cheap radio when you spent so much on the ride... or something like that. What radio do you suggest? I like the Spectrum DX2.0 and the JR XS3...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55136.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	606321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85953.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	606322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57644.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	606323  
Old 01-26-2007, 03:42 AM
rccrazyindenver

Go Spektrum!!!! With any am or fm (jrxs3) you will have some glitching problems. The DX 2.0 is a good radio but I would recomend the DX 3.0. it has four modle memory vs 2 modle memory and has three channel for mixing. You can't go wrong with spektrum!!! I have only had mine for a few weeks and I love it, all the racers I talk with can say enought about spektrum technology. Some guys have told me they have had the sytem for two years and have not glitched yet.

Special, How was practice at MHOR?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:39 AM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: rccrazyindenver

Special, How was practice at MHOR?
Crazy, practice was goooood. Okay...it didn't start out good because I had never driven on a track but it got better. I was actually able to make it around the track for ten minutes without needing to be flipped back over or being helped off a pipe. I am definitely glad I didn't try racing cold turkey because I would have been nothing but a nuisance to everyone else. Still, with one or two more practice sessions I think I'll be able to keep up with the slower drivers Only broke a few parts and I had replacements for those. That was a bonus. My wife conspired with my best friend's wife to play cards Saturday night so I won't be racing. Still, it gives me a little more practice time. FYI...your setup tips helped tremendously...thank you from the heart of my bottom for that Don't worry...it'll be a long time before I become a threat to where you place in the mains[8D] Good luck tomorrow night!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:45 PM
ken420

i went out and bought a xxx-t rtr the other day,so far im loving it..i replaced the front arms with graphite after braking one of the stock arms,im also using my spektrum radio with it.other than than that its stock for now,here is a pic..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92353.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	608023  
Old 01-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Brushless Corey

Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go through the car and tighten every nut and bolt. I've had three nuts back out on mine in the steering and caused the turnbuckle to come off. It was actually two, but I caught one tonight while repairing my truck.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:20 AM
ken420

ORIGINAL: Brushless Corey

Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go through the car and tighten every nut and bolt. I've had three nuts back out on mine in the steering and caused the turnbuckle to come off. It was actually two, but I caught one tonight while repairing my truck.
same thing happened to me at the track when i bought it,i thightened everything up since then.thanks though..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.