Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rookie Race Day tomorrow... any tips??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Stalefish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie Race Day tomorrow... any tips??

Hello all. Well, since I decided to venture into 1/10 scale electric on-road touring cars, tomorrow will be my first venture onto the track to race in an event. I'll be running my Tamiya TT-01 w/ a Reedy Quad Mag 19t motor, 3300mAh batt. I just bought some new medium compound tires .

I have 2 battery packs but no peak charger so I may have to loan chargertime off another racer during other heats. My question is, what do I need to bring and what do I need to do to my car itself? Are my tires okay for a paved oval track with no enbankments? I ordered an alluminum driveshaft and Deans wiring components for the batteries but their not here yet. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

-Jay
Old 08-16-2005, 06:25 PM
SirAIGman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Rookie Race Day tomorrow... any tips??

im sorry to say, but those tires have the WORST grip EVER. get a set of speedmunkeys ciliconed foams.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
JMan8108

get a set of slicks. dont invest in expensive tires and what not till u know u like the car u hav and racing

if you do decide to get some foams go with parma. i have a couple sets and they are very nice. Infact at the novak touring race the winner of stock and brushless was using parmas along with many other a-main qualifiers. they are cheap too only like 16 pr.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Stalefish

....great.... NOT what I wanted to hear....
Old 08-16-2005, 06:58 PM
co_alpine
My Feedback: (35)

I did my rookie race last weekend and I found my prep-work helped as i used all my tools, I had parts to fix my one bad wreck, but I lacked on tires too. I had foam but they did not let electrics run with foams, not sure why.
- get some tire goo to get some extra grip.
-put your car on a setup board if you can
-I got this ling passed to me from Revs, bet I have ever seen, read it - http://users.pandora.be/elvo/

I found that that I did well doing some practice on my main batts, then ran some ok ones in the first few races, then my practice for the last race and for the main.
bring a chair and a cooler as it lasted a LOT longer than I though so I was glad I had extra food and drinks.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
co_alpine
My Feedback: (35)

also, here is a post that i started while I was getting ready for last weekend, it had some good tips from other racers. I had a good budget to start with, and not all of it is a must have, but it will give you the idea of other things to take with you.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_32...tm.htm#3209593