Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

4wd off road buggy EXOTIC: PLEASE HELP BJ4 or Predator X10

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

4wd off road buggy EXOTIC: PLEASE HELP BJ4 or Predator X10

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 09:52 PM
wetzelpretzel425

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4wd off road buggy EXOTIC: PLEASE HELP BJ4 or Predator X10

wow the first buggy looks wicked

-wetzelpretzel
Old 10-09-2005, 12:41 AM
JMan8108

the bj4 is really much more purpose built than you might think with the new edition only having few other parts. My TC3-B was a true combo of tc3 and b4 and it was a good buggy but not nearly as good as the bj4. sure the predator looks like it is quick,light, and low but new tech always dont hit big... remember lazer discs???? no one reallly does because they were suceeded by dvds so you never know... maybe its worth its weight in gold... or its weight in dog crap...
Old 10-09-2005, 07:36 PM
crazyjr

It dosen't matter how it looks, what matters is how it works. Who is the current world champ? The BJ4. Don't get me wrong, i love the Predatorand all the others mentioned,but that is the best argument. So lets stop fighting and start racing
Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

the only reason the BJ4 is champion, is THE DRIVER!!!!!!!!

you can give them a sb sport, and they could win with that too. maybe even a gravel hound.

you guys think that when a driver chooses a car and wins with it, you think only that car is good.

i'm pretty sure you could give any of the top drivers that won the world champion ship a xxx-4, and they would win.

rant ended.

please carry on
Old 10-09-2005, 11:39 PM
crazyjr

I never said the driver was good or bad. I'm sure that the Predator driver was no slouch. If kinwald was there i'm sure the Losi guy's say Losi would be champ. Just so everybody knows the predator did not make the A-main, but the BJ4 had three. As far as which is best. i don't know and i don't care. But if you want a car that looks cool and runs great but could be hard to get parts for, go for the predator. If you want a car that looks equally cool also runs great but easier to get parts for, go for the BJ4. As i have said before i appreciate all the designs in the 4wd electric buggy I love the diversity
Old 10-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Doahh

The Driver makes the car
Old 10-10-2005, 01:22 PM
crazyjr

True, but the car also makes the driver. If the car is designed to handle rough tracks it will have limitations on smooth tracks and vice-versa. The BJ4 handled the rough/slick conditions better than the Predator ( which is designed to handle smooth Euro type tracks ) so that is where my statement comes from. If the design of the Predator is different from what i said,i apologize, but i have seen a Predator and while impressive, it uses the same design as ten years ago. As i said before, i agree with Doahh. "The driver makes the car" but I also believe "The car makes the driver" . Let's not forget the guys helping to work on the car and the factory support, they are a factor to.
ORIGINAL: Doahh

The Driver makes the car
Old 10-10-2005, 01:33 PM
lacrosseman7

ORIGINAL: Doahh

The Driver makes the car
There is a saying in lacrosse, "Its not he wand, Its the magician", meaning its not the stick you have, its how you use it. The same can be said with rc. The car you drive doesnt matter, its ow you drive it.

But, If you have a stick that throws the ball into the ground or a car that has durability issues. They do make a difference...So what you are saying is not true.

BJ4 will kick the ttech preds ass anyday, handsdown, with equal skilled drivers.

End of discussion...
Old 03-07-2008, 06:45 PM
acevtwin

Ok, I own one. Who want's to know what?
Old 03-07-2008, 06:47 PM
acevtwin

heres a picture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61557.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	897197  
Old 03-10-2008, 10:25 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: scud

I'm having areally hard time deciding on a Predator X10 and a BJ4. First, I understand full well the parts-problem of buying a european buggy. But realize if I buy it, I'll buy a bunch of parts kits to go with it.

Basically, the BJ4 is equally as unavailable- it's like the 4wd class dropped dead and no one wants to get behind it (no major manuf anyway- otherwise associated would just pay those guys and start producing a 4wd kit).

I want a sexy 4wd FAST kit- I hear the predator is lightening fast. I'm not really crazy about the Losi XXX-4 - i far prefer shart drive and I never really dug the losi stuff.

if anyone has OTHER 4wd options to share, by all means do so. But im curious to know what you think
Predator X10, depends how well you drive, because the X10 breaks easy. But the X11 is alot stronger.

A freind of mine is a sponsored X10 driver and he suggests the X11 trust me.

And the BJ4 is just the B44 before it was a B44. Jason Rouna and Brad passed thier ideas on to Assocaited to create the B44.
The BJ4 is a B44. But the B44 is a better design trust me.