Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Xray T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
garynjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xray T2

Hey all, just got my T2 together and on the track... close to 2 second faster lap times then my older car...

Anyway, I wanted to see if there were any other's out there using it. I have a few minor concerns with it but I wanted to see what you all thought...

1. When using Jaco foams on the front the wheels rub not only the rear of the hubs but also the front springs... I shimed it out 1.5 mm and set my EPA's accordingly but I loose a bit of steering. To compansate I started using mre Traction Compound on the front butthat wares off about 20 laps in...
Any other's with sugestions??? Will I loose a lot of traction switching to a narrower tire? Thanks, G.

2. It's tough to find the proper spurs to use. Most are too thick and will rub on the chassis.

3. the top deck doesn't have countersunk screw holes... But other then that, it's top notch... Easy to work on and get to the basics...
Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM
garynjr

Default RE: Xray T2

Anyone???

Well, I moved the front shocks to the inside on the bottom and that gave me about 15* more steering. Still have to shim them though. Thanks, G.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Cory Ream

mine has not come in the mail yet but i have been running Xrays since the FK04 and this one looks amazing
Old 01-27-2006, 04:34 PM
garynjr

Lots of changes from the FK05... Let me know when you get it and have it out for a few laps...
It's a heck ofa car but there are some stupid things on it like the wheel thing that bug me... Thanks, G.