Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

jumping/landing tips and tricks

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Evader_Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jumping/landing tips and tricks

im looking for some really good jumping and landing tricks and tips for a beginner basher. i want to be able to accomplish at least 10 ft with my evader
thanks
Old 01-27-2006, 12:25 AM
duneslider

Default RE: jumping/landing tips and tricks

You need to start off small and learn the basics. You want to land level. You have control over the truck to an extent while it is in the air. Braking will bring the front end down and accelerating will bring the back end down. The ramp you are using has a lot to do with the jump too. Curved ramps do different things than straight ramps. A curved ramp will give you more lift but can really change how level the truck flys. Also, the point at which you let off the throttle can have an effect too.
Start out with a smaller ramp and practice.

Later
Duneslider
Old 01-27-2006, 01:23 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

If it is the Evader, not evader pro, don't even try it. All you will end up doing, is completely destroying it, and you will be very pissed at Duratrax. The Evader RTR has the worst quality plastic known to rc'ers. It won't hold up to jumping 5 feet in the air.

If you own the pro, and it is stock, get stiffer springs. The stockers are too soft, and the thing will bottom out, and you might snap the chassis.

If it's an Evader Pro, go for it. If it is the original plastic rtr, go get the graphite parts for it, or don't do it.

MM
Old 01-27-2006, 02:25 AM
nitros_rule

mayhem
did he ask wat car he should jump or what he should spend HIS money on........NO he asked for jumping tips..dont reply to posts if your just gonna bash cars..
Old 01-27-2006, 02:27 AM
nitros_rule

dont try anything that big just yet espaeially if your new to jumping your just gonna wreak you car doin that and start with a flat ramp lip
Old 01-27-2006, 02:36 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Well even if he lands right with the evader rtr, it will break. You can ask every single evader rtr, original, owner. They all know that the plastic is very very weak. Not the car, the material sucks.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:37 AM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

I found it best for me when I started jumping to not use a return ramp. When I first started I wasnt doing much because I was scared of breaking it. Now, I jump my rusty all the time. Just remember anytime you are jumping over 5ft you need a return ramp! That will save you many broken parts and it looks just as cool as landing flat on the ground. Heck I use a return ramp for any jump I take no matter how small it is. And the og evader plastic is very brittle. Just replace anything you break with graphite parts from the evader pro and send in the old broken parts, that way, you can still have some replacements if the graphite breaks too. Just remember though that duratrax graphite is much stronger than their plastic. But heck, you might be one of the few that doesnt break anything after jumping alot.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:24 AM
kuhndog599

i remember the first time i jumped. yeah i was pretty stupid.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
duneslider

You can ask me about my evader st. I haven't broken anything as a result of jumping. All my breaks have been a result of running into things (cars, the curb, street lamps, mail boxes). The plastic might be weak but I haven't had any problems with it. I don't do crazy jumps but I get three or four feet and land on flat concrete.
Just take it slow and work up to the big ones.

Later
Duneslider
Old 01-28-2006, 02:49 AM
EVADERCHAOS

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Well even if he lands right with the evader rtr, it will break. You can ask every single evader rtr, original, owner. They all know that the plastic is very very weak. Not the car, the material sucks.
Have you actually owned and driven the Evader RTR? Where do you think you have the room to bash a car if you have no experience with it? Well, you asked, so No, the plastic is not that weak. I have jumped the crap out or my truck and nothing has broken as a result. The only time I broke was due to the same reasons that Duneslider stated. cars, the curb, street lamps, mail boxes, etc. All that broke was the Rear Chassis Plate which takes 5 mins tops to replace. I jump probably 3 ft most of the time (sometimes more) off of a flat, angled ramp onto a flat concrete landing.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:53 AM
EVADERCHAOS

BTW jumping ANYTHING 5 or more feet into the air is bound to cause something to break. The breakage problem is not isolated to one specific brand or car. Don't bash what you don't know.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:55 AM
jaejw1

use heavier oil in the shocks, and take it to a skatepark,, and have at it,, just play with throttle and braking
Old 01-29-2006, 05:25 PM
3DSAVAGE

Dude what is better 4 jumping then? Graphite or plastic? I need to know this!
Old 01-29-2006, 05:29 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

speaking of jumps wo nellyy just got back inside from bashing my 18mt setup my ramp to jump hit it wrong thought i was going to kill it cause it headed towards my dads envoy but heck yea i just jumped a suv

going to recharge my bats and try to get it on vid