Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

13t ESC with dual motors ?t

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 AM
saco1973
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13t ESC with dual motors ?t

I just found an old ESC in my toolbox and I want to use it in a Clod that I'm building next month. It is rated at 13t with a current rating of 180 continuous. I know it will handle a pair of 55t lathe motors but I also want to be able to drop in a faster pair of motors for playing around in the back yard. How low can I go in parallel? in series? Also, is there a way to disable the BEC so that I can run a 6v pack ( the ESC only puts out 5v ).
Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 AM
kostaktinos_mt

Default RE: 13t ESC with dual motors ?t

you can disable the bec, but it could be tricky and a bit dangerous [depends on the setup sequence of the esc]. you may use dual 27t for sure, and with 180amps continious, means that you can go as low as 21t [really depends on the motor specs].
Old 03-03-2006, 01:14 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

In parallel theoretically could take 2 26 turn motors. In series it could take 2 7 turn motors.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
KyleR

ORIGINAL: kostaktinos_mt

you can disable the bec, but it could be tricky and a bit dangerous [depends on the setup sequence of the esc].
What ESC is it? It should be fairly straight forward to do by removing one of the wires from the ESC to the receiver. It should be in your ESC's manual if you still have it. For my Novak NESC-T4 manual: Disconnect the red wire in the speed control input harness as follows... If the input harness is a Futaba G: cut the red wire and insulate both wire ends. If the input harness is an Airtronics, Futaba J, KO or Kyosho: remove the pin from the plastic housing and insulate the exposed pin.

Of course, if you've got a different ESC, that may not be entirely correct.

-K
Old 03-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Haulin Azz

would a tekin tcs g-12 handle 2 19 turn or 16 turn motors wired in parrallel? I am also needing this for my racing clod I have this esc and it has no turn limit on a single motor so am I right it will handle two 16 or 19 turn motors? Please help I will be racing and bashing this clod I built an all alloy chassis and it has a 16" wheelbase. I will also be running a 4 rear stampede shocks.