Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rustler Racer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:12 PM
rockNmayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler Racer?

I got a new/somewhat used Rustler for my birthday from a friend that didn't want it any more. The truck is completly stock maybe ran 8 or 9 times by him and about 3 by me. It is pretty good as is but i want a little more speed out of the thing. Does any body know what motor and gears i should use along with the stock electronics as for now? I guess i could also us my rooster out of my other car, but please help me on what motor (no less than 15 turns) I should use and what tooth pinion and spur gears to use.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Evader_Newbie

Default RE: Rustler Racer?

get an associated reedy quad mag or SS5800 novak brushless system. period
Old 04-12-2006, 10:19 PM
-Inverted-

If you plan on racing with it sell it. The rustler will NEVER be a racer.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:33 PM
rockNmayhem

I didn't say i wanted a new truck d***it!!!!!!!!!! I said I'd like some help deciding what motor I should put in the one I have. You people that dis on trucks and the people wanting help with them REALLY PI$$ ME OFF!!![sm=punching.gif] I am only 16 and have a limited budget, and all I want to do is maybe upgrade my new truck a little bit. Is that so hard to understand?
Thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 10:37 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

Hey noob why dont you calm down if you want help.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 PM
bIGmiK

Well durability wise, it is fine how is it. What I would do is buy some nice tires, and a decent motor. Tell us where you run / race it (the groud type) and we will suggest some good ties, but I can suggest a motor.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFBH5&P=ML
Old 04-12-2006, 10:41 PM
-Inverted-

I didn't say i wanted a new truck damnit!!!!!!!!!! I said I'd like some help deciding what motor I should put in the one I have. You damn people that dis on trucks and the people wanting help with them REALLY PISS ME OFF!!! I am only 16 and have a limited budget, and all I want to do is maybe upgrade my new truck a little bit. Is that so hard to understand? Now if you have any real advise towards my truck I HAVE please help me unlike the last negative B@$t@rd that obviously won't.
Relax, the thread is entitled "Rustler Racer". The rustler is not a racer by any means. You can make it fairly fast, but it isn't a track made vehicle. I never once talked down on the truck. I also don't appreciate you referring to me as "negative B@$t@rd ". I see your new, maybe a re-read of the RCU Rules and Policy's should be considered. In conclusion I will reccomend the Speed Gems 15 turn.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:45 PM
rockNmayhem

Well Jdmkyosho I'm not a noob I have been on here for quite a while and I have been around RC stuff for several years not to mention what all I have done. I may not respond much with work and all but I do browse around a bit. Thanks for the link biGmiK. Does the motor you sugguested have much more top speed than the stock 20T Stinger? or does it go more for torque? At least some people can help and I thank you. I'm looking for speed by the way for all wondering.
Rock.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:48 PM
-Inverted-

Does the motor you sugguested have much more top speed than the stock 20T Stinger? or does it go more for torque?
It is faster and has more torque. Just about anything is better then the stinger, except maybe a fireball... [&:]
Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
bIGmiK

Eat will eat it stinger in torque, and top speed. The Reedy Quad Mag is a high end motor, and the stinger is about as low as quality goes...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
rockNmayhem

Sorry for flippin but when I ask a question I don't want to hear "buy this truck buy that truck" after a while of reading that on other peoples posts I get sick of hearing it and I just want an answer to my origional question. By the way does the motor you recomended come with leads or do they need to be added?
Rock
Old 04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
-Inverted-

The Quad Mag is great, but if you going yo use the ESC that can handle lower turns, opt for a faster motor. The Speed Gems series is nice, as well as the Cobalts and Team Checkpoint motors.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

The Quad mag doesnt come with leads......
Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Dokioto

I would recommend the ready guad mag or a speed gem.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:56 PM
rockNmayhem

well right now I really can't afford a new esc adn all but eventually i would like to get a brushless system for my car and/or even my rustler just for the heck of it. but what is the fastest brushed motor i can get i really don't get all the double wound adn turns of the things. all i know is that a 10t is mush faster than a 20t adn so forth. but what should i get for the fastest motor available with 15t or more? i want it to haul down the street like i'm used to with nitro.is this the motor ur talking about INverted?http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCUP8&P=7
Rock
Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 PM
bIGmiK

Well I will give you a few tips to get your car faster.

1. Deans plugs, put them between your battery and ESC, give much more power.
2. Directly solder your ESC wires onto your motor, so you don't needs plugs or wires, and you maxamise power.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:04 PM
rockNmayhem

thanks that helps a lil but now to the motor
Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
bIGmiK

Yeah I suggest the Reedy Quad Mag 19t.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
-Inverted-

If you want to wait a bit, [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVH9&P=7]THIS[/link] would be a great motor, if you dont want to wait the Speed Gem is nice.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:15 PM
rockNmayhem

Inverted that looks nice maybe i will get that later on adn we'll have to see if my app goes in this week for my new job and then i might be able to get both. but what makes the 19t and 15 so different and good for you two, you both say something different. which is faster with a 3300 battery in top speed?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Rare

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

If you plan on racing with it sell it. The rustler will NEVER be a racer.
Dont say never.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:26 PM
-Inverted-

The 15t is faster, but the 19t is great for bashing. I would pick the P-94 myself.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
bIGmiK

I would pick the Reedy Quad Mag myself...
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 PM
-Inverted-

bIGmiK,
He is racing against t4's, he will need the 15t motor due to the weight of the rustler.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:45 AM
duneslider

I think the point is being missed here. He has a rustler. I never heard him say he wants to go out and race in the nationals. Everyone knows the rustler isn't the worlds greatest racer. Can it race? Sure, there are a half dozens guys racing rustlers at my local track. They even beat xxx-t's and T4's all the time. You have to start racing sometime, why wait until you can afford the best car, radio, batts, charger, motors, etc. In amature levels 90% of the race is driver skills. I see kids with mf2's and high end motors slamming the wall all day and they think they are gonna win the race. While the rustler scoots along the track without hitting everything and takes home the trophy.

What should have been asked was....

What class will you be racing in? Stock (27t), Sport (19t), Mod (anything goes).

There are different race catagories. My track has these three. I race the stock class if I ever go, that's where most of the beginners race so I can actually end the day on the podium. My skills almost have me in the Amature A class, then I won't take any podiums until I can beat the better guys.

For the rustler, I would say get bearings, look into shocks (guys seem to have problems with the stock one at my track), and the Quad mag is a good motor if you can race that one.

Duneslider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.