Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Radio Shack??

Old 12-17-2002, 03:11 PM
rcpo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Shack??

I am going to purchase an RC Car for my son. Are the Radio Shack cars worth while? I like something that can run in a rough environment (outside).
Old 12-17-2002, 03:56 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Re: Radio Shack??

Originally posted by rcpo
I am going to purchase an RC Car for my son. Are the Radio Shack cars worth while? I like something that can run in a rough environment (outside).
Hello rcpo.....Actually if your going to lay out the $$$....you might want to consider another option. Depending on how old your son is....his driving experience.....and what you and he are expecting to get out of a Radio Shack car / truck.....there are alternatives. Some time ago....I bought a Duratrax Evader ST stadium truck and have really enjoyed it. I also had purchased a Radio Shack for one of my sons and well....it was less than rewarding for the money. Also....consider the need for batteries. I would go with the Nickle Metal Hydride Rechargeable batteries (7.2 volt)....you'll save a ton of money in the long run. Of course....you'l lalso need a battery charger to help keep those batteries in good condition. So.....if your interested in options and can afford the little extra to buy him a nice truck....then you might want to consider this:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXXJ49**&P=0

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=59806681

Good Luck!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:07 PM
rcpo

Default Radio Shack??

crash-me-over,

thanks for the info. This would be his first car, he's 7 yrs old.

I'll check out the links!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:32 PM
crash_me_over

Default Radio Shack??

rcpo.....Your welcome!

You and your son are going to enjoy RC. It's a great hobby and quite rewarding in many aspects. If more kids could put there hands to good use instead of watching TV I think many would see the value in the hobby. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:22 PM
dirtman-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Got the nail on the head there!!

You and your son are going to enjoy RC. It's a great hobby and quite rewarding in many aspects. If more kids could put there hands to good use instead of watching TV I think many would see the value in the hobby. Just my 2 cents.

My son and I spend quite a bit of time between maintanance and running, and I thank my lucky stars for RC. I look around and see all the bad stuff a kid is exposed to and all of a sudden the money spent at the LHS seems cheap!!!
Old 12-18-2002, 12:23 AM
crash_me_over

Default Radio Shack??

dirtman.....You just said it all!!!