Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E Maxx over Stampede

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Nitrofreak_105

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E Maxx over Stampede

Ok. first of all, i will start with the fact thaat i have a rc10gt, and have put about $2000 into it, and my dad thinks thaat is too much. i am very likely buying a e maxx, but my dad thinks i should buy a pede instead. i need reasons why an emaxx is also, worth the extra whatever more it costs, other thaan the standard it is faster, more torque and the like. this could preferably come from people who have actually driven a emaxx. also, i have driven a stampede, and after a nitro it is just not fast enough, and there is not enough traction. i know emaxxes are not as fast either, and...well...whatever.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:35 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: E Maxx over Stampede

just telling you this is sooooo not the place to post this! I mean you're in the right section and all but sooooo many people own stampedes here that don't have emaxx's so you won't get a straight answer. I suggest you look at the specs and watch videos of both. Look at each for a long time and you'll know....
Old 05-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Nitrofreak_105

iv looked for a while- i know what i want, but my dad doesnt like me spending my money.
i dont need a straight answer, just something to convince him.
and i dont mean to sound like some rich kid.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:04 AM
nastety92

I have a E-Maxx and a Stampede. My E-Maxx has some bass mods and the Stampede is pretty much stock. Other than the E-Maxx being faster I would say go with the Stampede. The Stampede breaks less and takes to mods much easier. If I had it to do over again, I would have either two Stampedes or a Stampede and a Rustler.

Just my $.02

Nick
Old 05-11-2006, 07:22 AM
SkrapIron

You guys break stuff too often for my tastes.

I mean, in 10 years of racing, I've broken 2 A arms and a body mount on an RC10t3.

Your guys bust the hell out of E-Maxxes and Stampedes and Rustlers doing coofy crap to them. "Hey. Lets see how far I can make this thing fly off of the garage roof!" Of course it's going to break it's frigging plastic!

For the record, the Stampede weighs 1/4th what the E-Maxx weighs. When it hits something at 15 mph, it just bounces off. The E-Maxx weighs over 9 pounds! When it hits something, it's going to do some damage. Simple physics bares that out. Force=Mass times acceleration. E-maxx weighs more, therefore it generates more force.

the E-maxx is a better RTR than a Pede. 1. It is faster stock. 2. It is 4 wheel drive. 3. It has a higher ground clearance, and can tackle more and tougher terrain. 4. It does not get boring very fast, even in it's stock confuguration.

You can dump a mint into a Pede, and it's still only going to be 2 wheel drive..........
Old 05-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Mac83

It really depends on what you want to do. I race a RC10T4, but I really wouldn't mind having an Emaxx for bashing. I got one for my father-in-law and had a blast playing with it in the front yard. I had fun doing things with it that you just can't do in a 2wd. Like getting it down in a ditch and seeing if it could crawl its way out, or slowly crawling over huge objects. It was also fun to play with the 2 speed. As stated above, the Stampede will hold up to more abuse but just won't be as much fun IMO.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 AM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

had an emaxx and they are a ton of fun. you can fly down the road, thru the ditch, up the hill and basically anything/anywhere you want to go. my only complaint is that you have to have a mint if you decide to upgrade and it does eat thru packs. now with lipo though, packs and runtime should improve.
i think i would buy a second emaxx before i would buy a pede.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Slipracer

I have an emaxx and I love it. Ive seen(never driven) a stock stampede and the emaxx is way better imo. Bigger, faster more ground clearence. If you are paying for it get what you want not what your dad wants, I had to make the same decision as you not too long ago and I know when I told my dad I wanted either a stock emaxx or all these hop ups in a stampede he liked the idea of a stock emaxx better.