Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Haiboxing RC Truck Forward Problem

Old 06-16-2006, 03:37 PM
orioles99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haiboxing RC Truck Forward Problem

I recently purchased a Haiboxing Cross Tiger RC Truck. It ran fine for a couple days. Now, it will only run in reverse. It runs fast as anything in reverse, but will not move in forward. The light on the receiver lights up when I pull the trigger for forward, but the truck will not move. If I turn the trim in one direction, it moves in reverse. If I turn it in the opposite direction, the receiver light comes on, but it won't move. Any ideas???
Old 06-17-2006, 12:39 AM
RCJesse

Default RE: Haiboxing RC Truck Forward Problem

I would try those little switches on the top of the transmitter, they reverse the forward/reverse motion. I have not had any problems with mine, and it is faster than the buggy version, check out the body I got for it..
http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...yfindTitle.cfm
Old 06-17-2006, 12:40 AM
RCJesse

I forgot to mention, I already replaced the plastic bearings with metal ones, and it is a little faster and battery last longer too...try it
Old 06-17-2006, 07:19 PM
orioles99

I've used the switches on top. All that does is make the truck go in reverse when the trigger is moved in the oposite direction. The truck still won't go forward.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:30 PM
kostaktinos_mt

get a receiver and an esc
Old 06-17-2006, 07:49 PM
rcxboy

This is what happens when you buy asian copies. They are a mixed bag. If you want to go in forward, with no reverse, swapping motor plugs will work, but you really should buy a new esc.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:01 PM
hunter306

ORIGINAL: rcxboy

This is what happens when you buy asian copies. They are a mixed bag. If you want to go in forward, with no reverse, swapping motor plugs will work, but you really should buy a new esc.
Not a bad suggestion at all. Just switch the leads to the motor around, you'll have a truck that goes forward only.... Nice.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:30 AM
rcxboy

The problem might be that some escs only have one reverse speed, and a cheaper one like what would be in this could have. So it'd be one foward speed, lol
Old 05-03-2020, 09:11 PM
funcentric

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a similar issue where it would go forward on its own and I had to engage the throttle and hold it there to stop it. The issue wasn't the throttle trim. Every couple of times in the middle of running the Haiboxing Hailstorm, it did just that. Freaked me out a bit. I resolved it but turning off the RC, turning the transmitter off, then back on followed by the RC. I've run it through maybe 15+ batteries and it's only happened twice. Enough to be a concern b/c it ran away both times, luckily on a closed course.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:13 PM
funcentric

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure you're turning on the transmitter first and give it a second to straight out the tires on its own before you play. RC's need that few seconds before you get started.