Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

WATER

Old 07-17-2006, 08:37 PM
zja08

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WATER

What is the best wat to waterproof your car? I got my reciever wet and lost controll of my car, didnt see water. Which would be best for the wires comming out of the reciever WD-40 or Vasolilene(SP) or what else can be used?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Bombers_410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WATER

You need balloons!

[link=http://misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/waterproofing/ge-waterproofing.asp]http://misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/waterproofing/ge-waterproofing.asp[/link]
Old 07-17-2006, 09:12 PM
hands without shadows

Balloons for you receiver, wire should be ok as long as theres no uninsulated exposed, motors are fine but you could seal your enbell with some bathroom caulking stuff, your esc is tricky, a baloon might cause overheating depending on model motor and batteries. If a baloon wont work you might have to make some kind of case for it.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:15 PM
zja08

I have a stock rustler with 3000 bats. ESC gets hot fast.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:27 PM
hands without shadows

Ooh, esc on rustler might be hard to waterproof, motor should be fine since it will burn out neway lol. Not sure about the esc though, my brother has a rustler so I know how its mounted, Your lucky its high up and out of the way I guess, wat gearing are you running, it shouldnt get hot, warm is ok but hot isnt good.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
zja08

I am not as worried about the ESC I try to stay out of water, but sonetimes it cannot be avoided. Gearing is stock it gets to hot to hold not that hot but verry worm. I am more worried about the reciever. I want a new servo so I dont care if it gets demolished just a reason for a new one.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
hands without shadows

Ok then, receiver is easy, just take a baloon and cover it, have the wires coming out of the neck and put a small elastic or zip tie around the neck of the baloon to hold it shut. I guess the holes for the screws are small enough not to worry about, otherwise get some silicon and cover them.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:16 PM
RaVen1357

I put silicone sealent over all the cracks on my ESC, RX and servo. The water proofing worked perfectly for my snow driving.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Dudelive

Try to water proof your servo also, it will make a great spare when or if you ever need another one after it is replaced. I always try to save as many parts as possible because I never know when I will need one.

Thanks
Dudelive