Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
novak 6.5
17.39%
mamba max 7700
82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

whitch system best for bashing and speed runs

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 AM
<conrad>

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whitch system best for bashing and speed runs

hey guys im tired of my ss5800 and im ready to upgrade to a faster motor and i narrowed it down to these choices what do u guys think? all i will be doing is bashing and drag racing my budies on the road. the truck i have is a rustler. also just wondering can the mamba 7700 run 7cells?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:54 AM
bIGmiK

Default RE: whitch system best for bashing and speed runs

mamba definately.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:11 PM
bwalker25

I personally own the 6.5r, and its super fast, however I would have to say the mamba for sure on this one, as it will handle far more cells than the 6.5 esc will.

Given that you will be drag racing, and more than likely using 7cells or more, I say go with the mamba.....
Old 08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
andrew222

even if both were running on 6 cells the 7700kv would be faster since the 6.5r is only rated at 6400kv. If your going to stick with 6cells then it would be safe to say that the 4.5r would be faster in a straight line. IMO just for with the mamba. I really like being able to configure the esc on the computer and anodized green looks seckzi.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:24 PM
<conrad>

so the mamba 7700 can handle 7-8 cells?
Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Whoa!, is it jus me or does he not hava Name![X(]

i donno for bashin and speed runs id say Mamba 7700 on 7-8 cells, that'd be wicked fast! but cant it only run 2 65,000 rpms that motor? so 7700 on 7 cells is 8.4v's so thats 64680 rpms!, on 8 cells its 9.6v's witch is 73920 thats a fair bit over 65,000 i guess after load and all that!, it might not be that high it'll loose sum rpms! but i think the max u can run the 7700 is 7 cells!

but that'd be purrty wild!, i gotta lrp/reedy brushless system the 9T verison, (3 star) And on 7 cells Its pushin purrty fast i wouldnt Doubt over 40+ mph! AND MAD! TORQUE! And can run brushed motors 2, thats kinda usally cause ones u go brushless most people dont go back but hey atleast its there, and u can by the 7t verison Witch is Wildly fast![X(] same With the New NOVAK 3.5R! that should be very fast as well![ I run 7 and 6 cells on my neo 1, and its fast Very fast i love it!, PULLS WHEELIES, Huge roosters!, everything, and decent run time probs 8-10mins! Mabey more then timed it and the novak 4.5R AND 3.5R would be wicked fast but can only safly hold 6 cells!, the Neo one (lrp/reedy) one can hold 7 cells!, so thats y id take the Mamba 7700 on 7 cells or the LRP NEO 1 9T OR 7T motors with the Comp esc! Any of thoes WOULD RIP! FROM THE NOVAK 4.5 AND THE 3.5! 2 THE LRP/REEDY NEO 1 9T AND 7T TURN, and the Mamba 7700! they'd ALL BE VERY FAST VERY!, any of thoes would be my pic!
Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 PM
BanditMonster

If you are lookin' for all out bashing speed, get the Mamba Max 5700 with 3s li-po, it will end up being faster than the 7700.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:59 AM
<conrad>

ya i dont no why i dont have a name i havent been on this site in a loooooooong time i changed my name and it wasnt there?

anyways looks like the mamba system is the way to go my buddy here is telling me that there not reliable though is that true?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Access

Mamba is the most reliable commonly avaliable system out there, anyone who is telling you it is not reliable is either misinformed or lying. Castle didn't get to be the top-rated brand for aircraft and helis without being rock-solid reliable. It can run much hotter (up to 200F which will destroy the other systems) and you don't have to worry about the thin sensor cable getting torn up or pulled out, and it has a thermal shutdown and realtime voltage cutoff that adjusts to battery's capabilities. The mamba ESCs can run the neo, novak, other sensored motors just fine, while the reverse is not necessarily true.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:46 PM
andrew222

So your saying a novak 3.5r motor can be run by a mamba esc? Aren't mamba esc sensorless and novak motors sensored?
Old 08-30-2006, 08:07 PM
-Inverted-

Castle didn't get to be the top-rated brand for aircraft and helis without being rock-solid reliable.
LOL.....wait a second there....what top flying heli pilot is sponsored by Castle.....I know for a fact Quark is a better air ESC, which is why all the top heli pilots use it. For the original poster I say you wait a little bit and get the Tekin 1/10 system when it comes out, making changes on the fly is what you want if your drag racing, you dont want to bring a computer with you.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Access

The mamba ESC will run sensored motors, you just hook up the 3 motor wires as normal and ignore the sensor strip. I tried it with a Neo motor and it worked fine.

And if it matters you can change the mamba ESC on the fly too, you have the option of using stick programming or using the computer. Stick programming doesn't have all the choices, but it still has more than most ESCs. And you don't need to sponsor a top pilot to get good industry reviews, smaller companies can't always afford sponsorship on the scale of a larger company. My point isn't making a comparison to other brands, it's that, in order to be respected among aircraft or heli users, you absolutely have to have the reliability thing down.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
-Inverted-

And if it matters you can change the mamba ESC on the fly too, you have the option of using stick programming or using the computer. Stick programming doesn't have all the choices, but it still has more than most ESCs.
The thing is though, what you can "stick program" with the mamba isn't near as easy, or as featured as tekin's system of programming.

And you don't need to sponsor a top pilot to get good industry reviews, smaller companies can't always afford sponsorship on the scale of a larger company.
As for the sponsorship thing, I understand that, but I have never heard of ANY of their flyers, especially since Castle is 3x larger then Quark. Personally, I would buy a product the pro's have used and won numerous championships then to buy a product none of the top guys are flying. I just think with Castle being such a big company they should have some guys out there winning races or championships.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Access

I buy RC hardware just the same way I buy anything else, reviews, asking around / word-of-mouth, own trial and error, etc. A good rl example would be something like a paintball gun. I'm not going to buy a specific model of gun just b'cos a member of 'team dynasty' or some other well-known pro or champion team uses the same gun. I'm probably going to go for something much less expensive, equally or more reliable, and that suits my own needs better. The pro using a certain type of gun doesn't make that gun better or worse, in the end a good product is-what-it-is and can stand alone on that.

To me, sponsorship is an excess, like advertisement and trade shows. It doesn't make your product better, it just makes them more visible. Money spent on sponsorship is money that isn't going to redevelopment, product testing, improvement, new development, or the like. Bashers aren't competing against other bashers as much as just trying to have fun. Even at things like the 'max speed challenge', it's not a very competitive environment.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:51 PM
andrew222

access what is a "sensor strip"?
Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Access

The connector with a strip of wires (6 or more) that connects the sensored motor to the sensored ESC.