Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

nyc racers thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:40 PM
bxpitbull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nyc racers thread

OOps, when you said "CP", I thought you meant Central Park. Me and my dudes used to run in there like crazy. Different CP.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:48 PM
QURC
My Feedback: (2)

QURC has permitted area in Cunningham Park exclusively for our use. The season is over for us now but they have been allowing us to continue to run throughout the season. We have track setup most weekends that works great for some all out racing. Register on the QURC forum and keep up on whats going on. BTW, try willis raceway for some indoor onroad, they have one tight track !
Old 10-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

Central Park is pretty tough to run in - they get really angry if you do... I sometimes run in Carl Shurtz...
Old 10-12-2006, 07:53 PM
cheech4

so even though the season is over, they allow you guys to keep going there and possibly race. Thas so freaking cool. i might pass by pretty soon.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:15 PM
bxpitbull

I ran at Willis some years ago back when I ran a TL-01 with the stock motor. Anything other than that, with those turns, and I get dusted. I've grown accustomed to racing nitros with my brushless and at gun hill. It will take a minute to get used to them. I hear there is some action on the bronx side of throgs neck.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:26 PM
cheech4

has anyone been at that best buy yesterday and today. i was there today and no one was there. i drove by yesterday around 2 and no one was there..

what days and times do you guys usually show up?
Old 10-14-2006, 05:54 PM
R35_tunerVision

hi, I am a friend of rc10b4_racer. Just showing my buggy, Its a rc10 b4 factory team. I live 1 block away from rc10b4_racer.
I run a Trinity D6 11x1 Quad motor and a Moped V16 Plus on 3300 mah Gp's.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
rc10b4_racer

hi. im terribly sorry cheech, i didnt have internet acsess and did not realize you were coming. anyways tommorrow being monday i will go with my freind which is the one with the pics and with my bro. you could start heading out towards best buy at around 4:40p.m. if im not there then im charging my batteries but will go down stairs when i spot you(parking lot is in veiw of my window. just take out your evader and ill know its you. once again im terribly sorry.(if you spot someone ridding a bike in the parkinglot thats my brother,park your car and tell him youre from rcuniverse.)
Old 10-15-2006, 11:22 PM
cheech4

hey nice ride there. like the alloy
when i drove by i was going to stop if i saw someone but all i saw was a bunch of people setting up a volley ball net. But its cool i just went to my regular place i go, which is the school yard at 45 st. At ps 10. Me and my friend martin ( he has a jato 3.3) were there tearing it up. i love spanking his has with my brushless. to bad its only for a short runs. longer runs and im toast. So i will try to be there. im driving a white gmc jimmy. the kid with the jato wants to come too.

So what do you do there just tear up the asphault or you put cones down and make a little course??
Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 AM
rc10b4_racer

right now we just tear it up, but in the near future well hpoefully get cones. i hope your freind comes cause the more the merryer LOL. is that school next to a church and hospital near steinway?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
cheech4

there is a school yard there too but it not where we go. this one is at 45st. between 31ave. and 30ave.. A block away on 46 st. there is a hospital and a block from that there is a small church and and a jehova witneses, But its not near steinway. steinway is like 6 blocks from there, i guess its close enough lol. As far as cones goes, we dont need them but in the future i do plan getting some.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:53 PM
cheech4

hey all, just wanted to say it was nice meeting all of you and hopefully we can do this again, my friend said you guys might be back on friday. i had a blast today with bashing and drag racing. im planning to bring the TC4 next time and bash and do some drifting with that. hopefully by then my speed gun will come in and i will bring that also and get some speed test going. Got a question though what happeneed to the jato? i heard he got banged up. man i was pissed when he broke my cupling. just got there and ready to tear it up and BAM i get nailed. its all good...
lastly im sorry for those who had problems with there cars and broke parts i hope i wasnt the reason. I tried to run clean.

But damn drag racing was fun!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:38 PM
R35_tunerVision

We had great fun today. hope we can do this next week with even more people. The parts broken were no biggie. I will have it fixed in no time. Next week I will bring something to jump with. BTW cheech4 your car is very fast. Next week I will install my Reedy TI Worlds 10x2. What was that company you were talking about that makes good alloy parts? I forgot.And I know that place that you were talking about in the last post. I use to go to that school, there is a nice big fieldish place.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
cheech4

the company is called team blue star, most of there stuff you will find on ebay. they have there own website but its not great. I must tell ya though my shocks i got from them are awsom my evader is known to have weak shocks. these actually were the XXXT shocks i had to modify a little but all in all it fits and makes my evader handle great.
I checked the website i dont know if they make the alloy chassis for the b4, if i were you i would do a google search and find out that way... cant wait till you get that motor, im going to put in my good battery, my ib 3600 they suck there old, i have one set of elite 4300 there new and the car litterly screams when i have those on. keep me posted when we are going back.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
cheech4

well just to let you guys know, my tc4 probably will be out of commision for the next ride meeting. i was in the proccess of changing the out drives of the tc4, there made of plastic i was installing metal one, and the diff rings dont match, arrrrrrrrrg.... anyway the rings are on the way i already ordered them so hopefully they get here soon.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Elmo6s

Cheech - you also need the t nuts!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
cheech4

t nuts???. i cant use the nut that came with the composite outdrive?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Elmo6s

Nope - doesn't work - I made the same mistakes (both of them - had to place 2 extra orders on top of the outdrives!)
Old 10-17-2006, 05:56 PM
rc10b4_racer

lol, your evader got nailed by a jato at top speed, but thats not the funny part what is funny is how your friend got his leg nailed by the alloy b4 ( 2 times) drag racing was fun your evader blew the compotition and you was not even on your big pinon. i cant belive that my brother b4 is faster than the alloy b4 w/ the d6 11 turn motor. can you come on friday?(4:40)
Old 10-17-2006, 06:38 PM
cheech4

can you show me a link of which one i need, i have an idea but i dont want to make a mistake.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
cheech4

yeah i will try to make it this friday, that kid martin will try to come too. is that cool?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:09 PM
cheech4

ok i ordered my necessary parts for my TC4 to get it running but i doubt its going to be ready by friday. BUT just to fill you guys in i bought also racing cones. I got 2 sets of 6 thats 12 racing cones all together. there 7 inches tall and bright red, so we can easily can make a little track and actually race with laps and ****, that would be awsom.[>:]
Old 10-19-2006, 07:37 AM
rc10b4_racer

that will be awsome!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:36 PM
cheech4

OK i got good news and bad news. the good news is i received most of my parts except the most important one for fixing my TC4 and i received the cones. so far i have a set of 12 cones. i have a friend from california who gave me an additional 6 but they havent arrived yet. So thats 18 total cones. we can definatly make a small track with that, OK thats the good news. Bad news is there was a family emergency and i wont be able to make it. I dont want to spoil it for anyone who was expecting me to come, so go about bashing and doing your thing. So i guess i will see you guys on monday, or whenever its better to bash. just fill me in when you all decide to go. Hopefully by monday i will have the other 6 cones and the rest of my parts so i can finish up with the TC4 and bring that along too.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:51 PM
rc10b4_racer

well we also had problems. my friend with the alloy buggy broke yet another part. that makes 4 broken parts for him in 1 week!! yesterday i was adjusting my buggy and gettin used to my bigger tire i just installed. any ways i was driving and then my buggy goes ballistic and my esc blows up in flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im lucky my buggy lived=). their is however good news; i just ordered myself some goodies. i ordered from towers a new superbrain charger, one speedgems pro 10t armature, one traxxas xl10 esc, one reedy flash 13t for my brother, stand up brushes, four power pole connectors, and a 24t pinion. it should all arrive in 5-10 days. today i checked my 13t speed gems pro on a 26t pinion and it was unbilivibly quick. im actualy scared of how fast the 10t armature will go; im guessing 40-45 mph.did you get the speed gun yet? 18 cones is more than enough lol. cant wait to get my parts and start racing. im not going to install the 10t armature yet cause i just want that motor for drag racing and showing off to the local spectators LOL. my brother's motor comm finnaly cracked and its still running!?!. i think your friend martin was at the parkinglot today. we can race by next week if my order comes in fast. i hope that you come with your tc4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.