Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HBX, Who else owns one??

Old 06-18-2009, 05:54 PM
brett_saville

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HBX, Who else owns one??

On my brushless Revo I duct tape the inside of the tires not the foam and that elimates the balooning altogether.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 PM
remuspt

How do you duct tape the inside of the tires?

If you just glue the duct tape to the inside of the tires, with theglue facing the outside, in theory there's nothing stopping them from balloning...as the centrifugal force forces the tire to ballon, it will just "unglue", the duct tape will remain with the same shape but because the tire has been separated from it it should baloon as it would without the tape, it will however prevent the foam from expanding...

I'm not messing with you, just trying to understand...if you say it works then it mustwork
Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
brett_saville

This should explain it better than I can
I can only assume the foam expands forcing the duct tape onto the tire. The duct tape bieng force onto the tire stops the tire from expanding thereby elimateing the ballooning. That's my non professional take on it. Just so you know I've never been able to get mine as neat as he does in the link i provided but it still works great for me.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
bluefisherking

@lam1na
Yes, as Brett says, definitely around the inside of the tyre, not onto the foam. The glue on duct tape is strong enough to do the job, and it is the tyre will has all the rotating mass, not the foam, so it is the tyre that expands mostly, so that's where you need the tape.
It works a treat.

But the carnage clearly says that your Bonzer has all the power you can use!

@jammystar
Nice looking buggy - but those are street tyres, right?
Glad you like the lipos - I have had a pair of those Yeah Racing packs for quite a while and have really abused them (e.g. by using them in a BL E-Revo which would have tried to take way more current than they are rated for) and they have been very solid, no problems at all.
And it is always reassuring to see someone else who clearly has the RC bug... ;-)
Old 06-18-2009, 06:21 PM
remuspt

Thanks for that brett_saville, probably the duct tape never "unglues" from the tire and as such doesn't allow it to balloon.

I'll give it a try someday when i have the tires off the rims...
Old 06-18-2009, 06:22 PM
lam1na

Ahh, i just glued the other set of wheels i had so i can use it on the bonzer.. I'll try duct taping the next set i have. Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
jammystar

BLUEFISHERKING

Nice looking buggy - but those are street tyres, right?
Glad you like the lipos - I have had a pair of those Yeah Racing packs for quite a while and have really abused them (e.g. by using them in a BL E-Revo which would have tried to take way more current than they are rated for) and they have been very solid, no problems at all.
And it is always reassuring to see someone else who clearly has the RC bug... ;-)

They are good and they last around 40 mins of solid abuse running a ezrun 3000kv in the max buggy and in the DI, well impressed Yeah they are street tires but got the originals too!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42394.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1221030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86911.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1221031  
Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 AM
remuspt

Broke a wheel on the Bonzer...surprised it took so long by the way i abuse it, i've decided on new wheels (HPI Mesh MT) and am thinking of buying some Proline Dirt Hawgs II, does anyone have any experience with these tires? Are they worth the cash? (Really expensive....at least for me). Any online source for them for cheap?

Maybe they are overkill for a Bonzer, even if brushless, any suggestions? I am going to use them off-road with also some on-road abuse, maybe 70% - 30%, also, do the stock Bonzer tires fit a 2,2 rim?

I am also thinking of purchasing an ACE 4000Mah 2S lipo, they come with a hard case that fits standard holders and i think people have been giving them great reviews.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 AM
prontozuk

hey I need help i have tried searching and i can not find the answer. What pitch is the pinion as I got the tamiya pack 50356 20T/21T pinion and considering i have other 23T lying around I was wondering if I could use it however I can not find were the pitch is mentioned.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=400054728138

Thanks James
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
rallytorget

New movie with some jumps with my brushless Cross Tiger...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW_Ho3UDekc[/youtube]
Old 07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
jammystar

Nice video, that thing gets some serious air in that last jump
Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 AM
phmaximus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow nice video,
hows went to the park today with the kids, and took the buggy & wow i can belive how bummpy grass can be lol, i managed to flip the buggy at about 60km/h a few times that sent it into a 10+ roll end to end (nearly rolled into a river) it landed on it wheels & drove off, bashed it for aother 5 min untill i noticed it wasent turning one way that well, on closer inspection it was sitting low in the rear, bugga what have i broke? luckly all i did was snap the shock end off without bending the shaft, lucky, just ordered the re-build kit so shouldent be long untill its back off road

im thinking of going back to 7.4v, 11.1v seems to torquey, on a W.O.T. take off it just power flips every time & every bump + torque = it fliping i think the buggy is too small & light for the speed it can do, so 7.4 should help & the gear set should reduce the torque, fingers crossed lol

still havent put the tuned gear set in, waiting on the gears to strip(not long thay are noisy atm)

Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 AM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: prontozuk

hey I need help i have tried searching and i can not find the answer. What pitch is the pinion as I got the tamiya pack 50356 20T/21T pinion and considering i have other 23T lying around I was wondering if I could use it however I can not find were the pitch is mentioned.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=400054728138

Thanks James
good point wich ones to use?
53101 Tamiya 20T/21T 0.4 Pinion Gear Set
50356 Tamiya 20T/21T AV Pinion Gear Set
Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 AM
phmaximus

ok well i tested to see how water proof the buggy was.... YAY it is, silly me forgot i all ready had a spare shock end. So i fitted it at night & it just it had finished raining so i found a mud patch & did some mud bashing. end result one very dirty buggy.

WOW u wouldent belive how long i spent cleaning it
Old 07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
bluefisherking

Ha ha, that looks more like you were dredging the bottom of the river!!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
jammystar

That is one muddy looking buggy. Think you'll need some old tooth brushes to get that looking new again
Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 PM
phmaximus

lol, it does look like its from the bottom of a river. I useed a big paint brush & a tub of water to clean it, & damm it took ages. I dont think i will do that again but damm it was fun.

hows im taking the kids to a birthday party today, & one of the guys might have his nitro buggy there, he he he cant wait to show him what a brushless buggy can do
ill try to get a video
Old 07-11-2009, 06:22 PM
remuspt

Hello, need some help, are there any axle cup joints (the ones that the wheels fit to) that are longer and that fit the TL-01 chassis/knuckle?

I mean these [link=http://www.etamiya.com/shop/images/tamiya_rcmodel/50823.jpg]Click[/link], but longer from the hole to the outside, so i can make the offset wider and still be able to screw the nut...the idea is to put something between the bearing and the wheel to widen the offset and add stability to the Bonzer, i can do it now but have no thread to screw the nut that secures the wheel.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:25 PM
phmaximus

I havent seen longer ones but u can get wheel extensions, thay go between the wheel & the hub. it Widens your Stance 2 OR 3 Inches. but look like something to come loose lol.

what setup are u running in the bonzer? & what is it mainly used for?
if you are worried about it rolling over there is not much u can do apart from revise driving style lol bonzer is to top heavy for over 40km/h
dont worry im a basher so my style is the worst. when i bash it i normally end up braking something.

my buggy is set up for off road, on mainly high speed smoothe ish dirt & low grass. because of the speed it does im running dirt tyres (larger rear ones) with rim breathers, open free spining diffs(stock ones), sway bars front & rear, med springs front hard springs rear, losi 30 oil all round, 2deg tow in frontbut mine needs, some caber mainly on the front but its nonadjustable
Old 07-12-2009, 05:55 AM
lam1na

look on the previous page, some posted a link about widening the stance using Wild dagger axles i think..
Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 AM
remuspt

I use the Bonzer for bashing, mainly offroad but some onroad, it has a 3000KV brushless ezrun motor, medium/hard dampers and now has new HPI MT Mesh wheels with Dirt Hawg II tires, should correct some of the overgearing but my problem is the wheels are a different offset so they almost scrape the knucles and i wanted some clearance and improve the stance.

I had found the extensions but there's a problem, when you add something to widen the stance and distance the wheel from the knucle you loose thread to screw the nut that secures the wheel, and i'm at the limit, that is why i wanted to find something with more thread, that way i could try wheel extensions...
Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 AM
remuspt

I couldn't find anything on longer wheel axles, the Wild Dagger ones should be the same as the stock Bonzer's, i think the knuckles and wheels are the same.

Any ideas? It works but im afraid a wheel might fall off, at maximum speed that will cause all sorts of damage...
Old 07-12-2009, 10:46 AM
lam1na

check last post on page 177 by yaleforsale
Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
remuspt

lam1na: thx very much, that's close to what i need, they seem a bit too long but i will start investigating.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 PM
lam1na

No problem. I have the same problem as you, but got a few other things to worry about before i sink some more money in this truck . I'm planning to get a rustler aswell

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.