Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI RS4 Rally Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:50 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPI RS4 Rally Parts?

I dragged my old RS4 Rally out of storage a year ago and have been pounding on it since, and tonight I finally broke something. Of course, it HAD to be a part that was specific to this kit only and HPI no longer makes apparently. I was cruising along on a dirty asphalt parking lot, and slid off the edge of the pavement at medium throttle--no problem, normally--after all, it's a rally car. Only this time, the car just coasted to a stop with the throttle pinned and the motor whirring away. When I got to the car, I found the main gear shaft had snapped in half right at one of the pins that hold the pulleys in place. It's HPI part number A192, 4x50mm gear shaft. If anyone knows where I can get one without paying for a whole kit or has a suggestion for a similar part I can modify(I have access to a lathe and milling machine, but very limited skills), I'd appreciate it. Of course, I probably shouldn't bother since pretty much everything else on the car is worn out too, but I hate to give up on it just yet, seeing as I've had the stupid thing eight years.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Miedin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI RS4 Rally Parts?

Here is one out of Ireland. I'm not sure if they ship to the US but it may be worth a try.

http://www.boyztoys.ie/index.php?sub...d=1011&ctry=ie
Old 12-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Miedin

I checked a little deeper and it appears they only ship to European countries, I'm sure somebody from Europe would order it and send it to you if you paid them to.

Here is another one you can try, I'm not sure if you can order from here or not.

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=a192

Another to try

http://www.spacecoasthobbies.com/site/catpages/HPI
Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 PM
torksteer

hey buzzbomber, you out there??
i just happen to be looking at a used a192 right now. it has a VERY slight spot ground in as it had kimbrough pulleys w/ grub screws in them. it's from a rs4 mt, that was powered by a novak 7.5 brushless. anyway seeing as you're a suffering hpi guy, i'll send it to you, i just need your shipping address. later.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
BuzzBomber

Guys, thanks for the help. Spacecoast appears to have one in stock, but I may not even need it--

Here's an update. It just so happens that the LHS had a two-speed conversion kit for the RS4, which replaced A192 with a longer shaft, in the obsolete parts bin in the back of the store. I gave him $10 for it(MSRP sticker was $69!) and have it installed 99% right now. I just need a M4x4mm grub screw for the clutch, since I didn't realize somebody had already pilfered it out of the kit. So, one more quick trip to the hobby shop for a grub screw and I'll be set.

Torksteer, thanks for the kind offer! Tell you what though, why don't you hold onto it for now; it may come in handy if you still run an older RS4. If this two-speed deal works properly, I won't be needing the replacement shaft and I wouldn't feel right taking advantage of your generosity and then not using the part.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:24 PM
BuzzBomber

Well, it works. The two-speed is kinda weird on an electric, but it runs, and I've gotten the shift point adjusted reasonably well. Man, when I put this thing back together I realized how worn out all the drive components are. The metal drive cups have big gouges on both ends from the dogbones, the pulleys are wearing at the pins, there's play in the bearing races, the belts are starting to lose their reinforcing, etc. But, the important thing is that it runs again. Now I can beat it up for another eight years.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:33 PM
irishdrifter

ORIGINAL: Miedin

Here is one out of Ireland. I'm not sure if they ship to the US but it may be worth a try.

http://www.boyztoys.ie/index.php?sub...d=1011&ctry=ie
i was just gonna post this site when i saw it was already here. this is my local hobby shop and i also own a HPI rs4 rally (great car)
anyway if you cant find a certain part again for this car i would send it on to you as i know Boystoyz dont ship outside the E.U.
they have a large stock of RS4 rally parts.
P.S
id love to know what hop-ups you guys use for your RS4 rallys, please post them up
Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 AM
BoyzToys

Just to let you all know, that Boyz Toys will ship to the United States - just contact us and we will arrange to get the goods to you.

We already ship to the US to our existing US customers.

http://www.boyztoys.ie

Don't waste time wondering about it, when all you have to do is ask.......
Old 05-10-2007, 01:32 PM
RS4rallydriver

I'ts odd how that topshaft snaps out of nowhere, that was the first thing that ever broke on mines too, after I put the brushless in it. i looked for a month to find it. you're so lucky man! I wanted to find a 2 spd for ever, but I never found one.

I have to rebuild almost 30% of my rs4. If you guys know any place that has a screw kit, front and rear belts, that plastic (I don't know what part # it is) bottom support for the motor plate, and the parts for the servo mount, I'd be eternally thankful!

EDIT: never mind, i found those in the link above (except for the screw kit). don't know why I didn't see that before.