Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mini T antenna length

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
monctonrc
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini T antenna length

I ripped out the antenna on my mini T and now I need to know how long should it be I have tried 14 as well as 19 and both give me a range of less than 30 feet
Someone please measure it or give me some idea of how to go about increasing my distance

BTW I bought the car used and the antenna was 19 but range was maybe 25 feet

Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is solder on a new antenna or do I have a problem with the receiver

I do not get glitching it just stops working if I walk toward the car all is well again till i get like 25 feet from the car then no control at all
It just has no control at all no movement in the throttle or steering[]
Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
saco1973
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Mini T antenna length

mine is exactly 20 from casing to tip.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Hack u 2

Default RE: Mini T antenna length

Stock radio is am so add 2 diodes to your motor. This will cut down freq interference. Also wrap the wire back down your antena tubbing. My length is 14" and I have great range. Recheck new contact that you made when you replaced it.