Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya Hotshot re-release!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
ShoestringRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Hotshot re-release!!

Awesome! Today is a good day my friends:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58391
Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Grantothismo

Default RE: Tamiya Hotshot re-release!!

HOLY S**T!!!!

My dreams have just come true.

Can't wait to get one.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am having a big time headache and this is going to make it all go away!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
ScsFactor

Truly awesome! Must have!
Anyone have friends over at Tamiyas marketing dept? I´d love to see the roadmap for the re-releases.. there aren´t that many legends left, are there? Supershot might be pushing it (not different enough?) Monster Beetle for sure. Maybe Egress? Porsche 959?(!)

drool;

Old 04-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Lunchboxer

I will pre-order the 959 and Monster Beetle right now.. LOL!!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
ShoestringRacer

I would definately take a few 959's, Beetles and Supershots. fingers crossed, but I would think they most likey do a Monster Beetle at least.

Oh this is going to be fun! Check out the vintage 80's original Hotshot video:

http://www.rcgrabbag.com/rccars/vide...sic_tamiya.htm
Old 04-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Lunchboxer

Yeah man, Monster Beetle should be easy, consider they did Frog and Brat already, so same chassis w/ a few mods!!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:29 PM
ScsFactor

I´d imagine that the Monster Beetle is one of the most anticipated re-releases and maybe due to marketing one of the last ones to be re-released, it´s clearly not a technical reason why they are postponing it.

When did the first ones came out? Maybe the last ones will come out during this year..
Old 04-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

You think the beatle over the blackfoot? I like em both, but I saw the foot around a lot more then the beatles.

MAN if I was a collector I would be pretty pissed; before these re-releases, the Frog's and Lunchboxes especially were going for a pretty penny. Now the originals don't go for anymore then the re-releases and sometimes less. I had a New Build Lunchbox that I sold for $300-400 about a year before the re-release. I always keep an eye on the vintage ebay market, but I won't buy a thing from Tamiya vintage right now due to this phenomenon.

I wish Kyosho would do a few vintage re-releases; What I would do to get my hands on a NIB Monster Vette, Double Dare or USA-1. Not that the cars are that nice, but the memories... They probably wouldn't have the market the Tamiyas have though.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Lunchboxer

RCs are meant to be used and enjoy!! I say more re-release!!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
fastmax

This has officially made my day. I can't wait for this to be available.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Checkpointracer

Hmm, Maybe ol' checkpoint should get his first vintage rc. The hotshot.[&:]
Old 04-18-2007, 03:32 AM
ScsFactor

Well I was thinking about the re-releases. It´s clear that the Blackfoot is STILL hugely popular because they are still available in the form of Blackfoot Xtreme to my understanding, they never pulled them off the market as they did with the older releases.

And I´m with LB on this one; RC´s are for driving and having fun, not only for trading for huge sums between collectors just to never be driven(!?). I´m betting that Tamiya weighed which is more valuable for them: re-releasing some old classics (and making some revenue off of among other things) or NOT re-releasing anything and keeping the value of the old kits high and keeping the collectors happy (and not having any revenue out of the old kits!).

To me Tamiya made the right choice :-)

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

You think the beatle over the blackfoot? I like em both, but I saw the foot around a lot more then the beatles.

MAN if I was a collector I would be pretty pissed; before these re-releases, the Frog's and Lunchboxes especially were going for a pretty penny. Now the originals don't go for anymore then the re-releases and sometimes less. I had a New Build Lunchbox that I sold for $300-400 about a year before the re-release. I always keep an eye on the vintage ebay market, but I won't buy a thing from Tamiya vintage right now due to this phenomenon.

I wish Kyosho would do a few vintage re-releases; What I would do to get my hands on a NIB Monster Vette, Double Dare or USA-1. Not that the cars are that nice, but the memories... They probably wouldn't have the market the Tamiyas have though.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Grantothismo

HOLY S**T!!!!
No Hole Shot

They looks sweet.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:03 AM
ShoestringRacer

If you click the "Hop Up Options" link it goes to the DT-02 chassis. I hope that's a mistake!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58391
Old 04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
fastmax

I noticed that also. I hope it's a mistake too.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:20 PM
C.A.R.

Hi there; some of you may not realise that I work in a Tamiya shop, and we do know a little bit more than some. (though the people at Tamiya do keep very quiet!)

The Hotshot re-release. A good idea. A lot of interest. But Tamiya may be about to let a lot of people down. Depending on sources; we believe that the Hotshot re-release will not be 'exactly' like the original. I'm not saying it will be a DF-03 (like the bloody Avante) but it will most probably be a Thundershot. Very similar anyway, but not quite the same pedigree.

About a year ago, Tamiya re-released the Thundershot, and it flopped. I believe they only made one batch, and they sold really badly. So if they went to the effort of making all these spares, they probably thought it worth their while re-using those parts to make the Hotshot. It may or may not be true, but it's what we have come to believe so far.

The Monster Beatle is also on our minds as being the next re-re. They have nearly all the components from it's sister cars; the Frog and the Brat. It seems a logical one.

The Double Blaze has also recently been discontinued. I think it made somewhere around 3-4 runs, but that is really short, so it may be worth something in the future. Just a heads up if you can get one.

They won't make a 959 or the Celica, because there's too much metal in it. Basically. It would cost too much for them to re-make all the parts. The successful cars from the re-re section are the cheap ones. No-one will be prepared to pay ÂŁ200 ($400) + for an old car nowadays.

And for re-re's making originals cheaper; it's not the case. In fact, it has helpeed some collectors, if they had a part missing from a kit they could replace it, thus making it a complete kit, and worth more!

Chris.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
rc monkey

I sooooo want Tamiya to re-release the Wild One!!! I don't really think theres a chance though[&o]
Old 04-28-2007, 09:03 PM
xism

Its a disaster that tamiya HAVENT re-release the monster beetle YET! i mean NOW its the time.... 20(!) years after it came out.
we have super, king & extreme blackfoot... but only one monster beetle. its time!!

but i want to see some upgrades:
1: the steering really sucked with one long and one short rod couse the servo was not in the middle. it should be more like on bush devil & super blackfoot which had two rods in the same length.

2: the motor! why not a sport tuned?! or atleast the johnson 540-J(who comes with super clod & frog?)

3: the most important - an esc!
Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM
mc1079

Hi all,

I was just at the local hobby store and they confirmed, in the Tamiya book that the Porsche 959 will be re released. Pricey, about $400 CAD. no other details were provided.

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 05-11-2007, 11:32 AM
lee172

the 959? oh yes! quite possibly the best car ever built [>:]
Old 05-11-2007, 12:21 PM
ScsFactor

With all due respect to yout LHS, I still wouldn´t consider this as "confirmed". As we all know, some LHS´s can be quite condescending, misinformed or even just plain ignorant

I suggest waiting for a confirmation from Tamiya.

ORIGINAL: mc1079

Hi all,

I was just at the local hobby store and they confirmed, in the Tamiya book that the Porsche 959 will be re released. Pricey, about $400 CAD. no other details were provided.

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
JYM

'lil update...

Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 PM
ScsFactor

Looks great!!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
adam-69

SWEET!!! I hope it dosen't come with those wheels though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.