Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Spur Gear question

Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
y7deluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spur Gear question

I have a Tamiya TA04r and it has a stock 120t 04 spur gear in it. The spur that came with the car wasn't a perfect circle though. So the fitting would be tight on one side of the spur gear and loose on the other side and just right in the middle of the two sides. I stripped the first one, I'm sure due to that reason, and ordered a second one. The second one just arrived and it's also got the same problem, not a perfect circle. Both parts were made by Tamiya, I have now ordered an after-market one that I'm hoping will be good to go, but I was just curious if anybody else has ever experienced this problem and if so, what was your solution? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
redbarton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spur Gear question

Are you sure the shaft the spur mounts to isn't bent? I'd bet there is more chance of that then an out of round spur.