Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which burshless setup should I get?

Old 04-28-2007, 09:19 AM
y7deluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which burshless setup should I get?

On ebay, the Novak 3.5, 4.5 and 5.5turn motors with speed control are all pretty much the same price (within 50 bucs). Is there any reason I'd want the 5.5turn over the 3.5turn other than saving the money? I know that this motor is too fast for my car to handle, but couldn't I just set the EPA on my radio to 50% or so and then find the expo curve and adjust that out so it doesn't pickup so fast? Seems smarter to buy the fastest one for re-sale value or if I ever get a vehicle that can handle the power then I'd already have the motor for it...?
Old 04-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Access

Default RE: Which burshless setup should I get?

More turns = Better efficiency, runs cooler, provides more torque per unit current (better low-end acceleration), runs longer, less RPM so less maintainance.
Less turns = More RPM, faster.

Unless you can get to full throttle on the longest straightaway on your track, you're wasting your time with a more powerful motor. If you're only using 50% of the throttle range, you're losing resolution (control) and efficiency.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
y7deluxe

Default RE: Which burshless setup should I get?

rgr that, thanks for the help.