Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Brushless Electric Buggy or Truck - What options are out there?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Brushless Electric Buggy or Truck - What options are out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
RCAirWorks
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Electric Buggy or Truck - What options are out there?

I have been out of cars for a long time now and don't know what is available anymore. I need some options from you guys who are "in the know". Here is what I am looking for:

1. Prefer a kit (RTR suggestions are ok also if the components are of good quality)
2. Definately want a brushless setup (I understand that kits typically don't come with the electronics so options of motors and ESC would be appreciated also).
3. This will be going to Irag so durability is a must (Younger brother in the Army needs something to pass the time).

Any options, comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks guys...
Old 05-29-2007, 10:53 AM
cheech4

Default RE: Brushless Electric Buggy or Truck - What options are out there?

your options have been answered by 2 brands , the team losi XXXT brushless RTR, or the traxxas rustler, stampede, or bandit buggy.
me personally i like the losi XXXT brushless, cuz it has a novak brushless motor and it kicks arsss, plus its world known racer and has won many titles... the traxxas rustler, stampede vxl is brand new just came out doesnt have a price set yet. BUT there durable, more thatn the XXXT BUT they cant handle for nothing...
SO the next question is do you want a durable truck with a great racing heritage capable for racing and some bashing. your answer will be XXXT brushless RTR. oh i forgot it comes with a great radio too.
OR do you want a truck strictly for bashing and messing around with no intensions of racing it. then your answer will be the traxxas rustler or stampede or bandit buggy vxl brushless.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: cheech4

your options have been answered by 2 brands , the team losi XXXT brushless RTR, or the traxxas rustler, stampede, or bandit buggy.
me personally i like the losi XXXT brushless, cuz it has a novak brushless motor and it kicks arsss, plus its world known racer and has won many titles... the traxxas rustler, stampede vxl is brand new just came out doesnt have a price set yet. BUT there durable, more thatn the XXXT BUT they cant handle for nothing...
SO the next question is do you want a durable truck with a great racing heritage capable for racing and some bashing. your answer will be XXXT brushless RTR. oh i forgot it comes with a great radio too.
OR do you want a truck strictly for bashing and messing around with no intensions of racing it. then your answer will be the traxxas rustler or stampede or bandit buggy vxl brushless.

I second this.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:37 AM
rc monkey

ORIGINAL: RCAirWorks

I have been out of cars for a long time now and don't know what is available anymore. I need some options from you guys who are "in the know". Here is what I am looking for:

1. Prefer a kit Prefer a kit (RTR suggestions are ok also if the components are of good quality)
2. Definately want a brushless setup (I understand that kits typically don't come with the electronics so options of motors and ESC would be appreciated also).
3. This will be going to Irag so durability is a must (Younger brother in the Army needs something to pass the time).

Old 05-29-2007, 01:15 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: rc monkey

1. Prefer a kit Prefer a kit (RTR suggestions are ok also if the components are of good quality)

RTR suggestions are ok also if the components are of good quality
Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 PM
cheech4

to my knowledge novak brushless are still great components, and the jr xs2 computerized radio is a great radio
Old 05-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Oh my gosh guys, calm down!

Well, the Stampede/Rustler/Bandit VXLs should be much more durable than the Losi, but as said, handle like crap and from kV ratings alone are slower than the Losi. The Losi has MUCH better electronics too.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:37 PM
rc monkey

Chill

Well the RTR BL trucks are good quality but neither are much faster than brushed and you could get a kit and faster bl system for only a little more. For example you could get the FT T4 for $220 and a Mamba Max 5700 for $180 and maybe another $150-$200 for a nice radio. It depends on how much you have really.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:04 PM
RCAirWorks

Thanks guys for the replies. I have looked at the Losi XXXT and Traxxas VLX and both look like they would be fine. However, the VLX is not due to be out until this fall or something and I would really prefer to build a kit so I have the components that are the absolute best. Money is really not an issue here so I want the most kick ass truck I can get. If I can't find a kit that is suitable, I will probably go with the LosI XXXT RTR.

What are the thoughts on the Associated Factory Team TR truck (Kit version)? Is this a quality truck? What hop-ups would I want if I am going to run the thing with a hot brushless/Lipo setup? I know back when I was into cars, Associated made about the best stuff you could buy...?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
-Inverted-

Cut the small talk - You obviously need an E-savage. That or a GorillaMaxx Revo.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Cut the small talk - You obviously need an E-savage. That or a GorillaMaxx Revo.

agreed
Old 05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
jameslundy

E-SAVAGE IN IRAQ!.......GO ARMY!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
eddiebelanger
My Feedback: (1)

dark impact

the e-savage breaks to much gears
Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
RCAirWorks

I do like the E-Savage. Hell, you could probably mount a .50 Cal on that sucker and take it on patrol through Bagdad! If I did go with the E-Savage, what brushless/lipo combo would I want (does castle creations make a motor and ESC that would do this truck justice?). I think this would be awesome to have 4 paddle tires on it if I could find the right motor/ESC/lipo combination. Any thoughts or experience?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
jato101

you could also try an evader st which almost the same as the xxxt. some of the parts are even interchangeable(a-arms,cvd's,etc)
Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 PM
-Inverted-

I do like the E-Savage. Hell, you could probably mount a .50 Cal on that sucker and take it on patrol through Bagdad! If I did go with the E-Savage, what brushless/lipo combo would I want (does castle creations make a motor and ESC that would do this truck justice?). I think this would be awesome to have 4 paddle tires on it if I could find the right motor/ESC/lipo combination. Any thoughts or experience?

You could run a Mamba Max ESC with a Feigao motor if your on a tight budget.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:49 AM
rc monkey

If money isn't an option make an E-Revo