Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

1/10 on road tamiya cars

Old 07-17-2007, 11:22 PM
SAMURAIADAM17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 on road tamiya cars

How fast is the average 1/10 Tamiya on road car with a 7.2 volt battery?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 AM
SS5800EvADer

Default RE: 1/10 on road tamiya cars

try posting this in the TT01 official thread cuz i think all tamiya rtr onroads have the same stock motor
Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
mindwreck

not very fast. depending on gearing. 10-20mph? never actually metered it but its too slow for me
Old 07-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Livebox

ORIGINAL: SAMURAIADAM17

How fast is the average 1/10 Tamiya on road car with a 7.2 volt battery?
First say what car you want.

Beginners car TT01 Cheap but not made for driving fast

When you want an fast chassis you can take a look at the TA05R or TRF415 both chassis are made for driving on circuits. The box does not contain an ESC, motor, body, tires, and pinions.

And is not the battery that give the car speed it is the combination off the chassis, motor and battery . And there is also a divergence in battery’s. I use for example Intellects 4200 battery’s. The give great power and I can use them in the Club competition.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: mindwreck
not very fast. depending on gearing. 10-20mph?
[sm=thumbup.gif]Yeah id say around that number m8
but upgrade the motor and gearing and you can get 30mph and go brushless and you will be pushing alot more.
the more you spend on the chassis the better the ride and thats important at high speed you will get better handling.
and yes anything over 30mph and the tt-01 becames a uncontrollable missile lol but great fun
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Xanderdos

If you wanted to get one and race i don't suggest it. There kinda back yard cars. If you wanted something like that to race go with Losi or Associated.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 AM
mkoresh12

Most tamiya cars kit or rtr come with the rs-540 which isn't all that fast. I would stay away from the TT01 unless you get it really cheap. It comes with plastic bushings, no ball bearings at all(unless you get TT01R). Not bashing the TT01, I had one and its a fun car but it will cost a bit more to upgrade.

Tamiya cars can make excellent racers, just upgrade the motor. I particpate in club events at the local hobby shop with my TA05. This cars handling is second to none, just dropped in a trinity CO27 for the stock class. The only reason I'm still behind the leaders is because they are allowed to run 13.5 brushless and lipos in the stock class where I race.
In my opinion, get a decent chassis regardless of brand first, you can always upgrade the motor later to get more speed out of it.