Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Indoor Electric Racing Question

Old 07-20-2007, 09:21 AM
BMooch1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor Electric Racing Question

I found another fairly local place to possibly race indoors/ON CARPET for the winter and I was wondering what a decent mid level car would be. I am not looking to win just to compete and have fun. I am a traxxas fan for sure and love my stampede and wanted to get some opinions on what types of cars to look at. Since I am new to indoor I have no clue where to even start.

Thanks as always
Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 AM
tbfoto

Default RE: Indoor Electric Racing Question

Well....if you only want to have fun and not win....just race your stampede. I'm not trying to be funny. There are more serious types of "racing" trucks but why not just race what you have. Driver experience wins more races anyway. The stampede is not a true racing truck but if your not going for the win then why spend more money. However, if you want to get a truck to race that can win then get a Associated T4. I found a Factory Team T4 on e-bay last week for only $115.00.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:48 AM
TenergyRep

I assume it is indoor Touring car racing? I'd say a TA05R would be a good choice, not too expensive, and comes with alot of hop ups in hte box. Maybe a Cyclone S another good choice, no hop ups in the box, but the price is lower then the TA05R.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
BMooch1

Maybe I could slam my stampede...would be funny looking that's for sure.. That's for the car suggestions
Old 07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

You're going to have to goto the track and ask what classes they have. No sense buying something that isn't raced there. I have a local track that has many classes but the usual guys only show up for onroad stadium trucks, and some pan car classes. Unfortunately their touring car classes are usually dead. My point is to make sure they have a class for what you want to run and that alot of people show up for that class on a regular basis.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
TenergyRep

ORIGINAL: drevil

You're going to have to goto the track and ask what classes they have. No sense buying something that isn't raced there. I have a local track that has many classes but the usual guys only show up for onroad stadium trucks, and some pan car classes. Unfortunately their touring car classes are usually dead. My point is to make sure they have a class for what you want to run and that alot of people show up for that class on a regular basis.
Thats a good point, take in a few races at the track as a spectator. See what they run and what classes have most people in them. You don't want to buy a car to find out only 2 other guys run that class. If one guy doesn't show on a race day you may not get a chance to race that day, most tracks say 3 makes a class. If you buy a car in the most popluar class that way you'll be assured that you have enough to make a class on any given race day. If touring cars are an option, I stand by my suggestions. I have a Cyclone S and I love the way it drives it's sooooooo smooth. transitions well from side to side and carves corners like it is stuck to the road.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Xanderdos

ORIGINAL: drevil

Lol at my local track they race everything .... But anyways if you wanted a carpet car i would get the tc5 and if u wanted inside dirt i would get the b44
Old 07-20-2007, 06:22 PM
birel19

x-ra t2r all the way-represent!!![:@]