Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

what tires? opinion on charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 PM
birel19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tires? opinion on charger

whats a sticky touring ca tire that will work wel on parking lots on a X-ray t2r?

Is this charger good? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLCJ6&P=ML
Old 07-27-2007, 10:54 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: what tires? opinion on charger

That's a good charger , and the tires it comes with are tiny.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:18 AM
killjoyken

Yep, that's a good charger especially for the price. If you think you may ever want to run more than 3cell lipo you may want to spend $50 more and get the MRC 989 which will charge up to 8cell lipo.

I usually run Speedmind or RP premounted TC tires with a 32 heat range. If it's hot where you live you may want to run a 36 or if it's cold you could drop down to a 28. These a slicks BTW.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 AM
birel19

Where im running, there is a tiny bit of dust and very few pebbles(here and there) so would slicks work well, or would a grooved tire be best? I want a tire that is sticky and will last a bit BTW. Im running brushed 15-27t motors.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
killjoyken

I've tried a lot of different grooved tires and found that slicks will stick better once they're warmed up. Most of the grooved tires tend to be harder than 32 range slicks to make them last longer. If you look at full size race cars they will almost always run slicks because of the larger contact patch and because tread will squirm and give you less control. If you only have a little bit of dust and small pebbles to worry about the slicks will work better. If it's dirtier than that then you may want to use a grooved tire like the HPI x-pattern belted radial tire in the pro compound since the tread blocks are larger than most grooved tires. Avoid tires with small tread blocks since they tend to wear out quickly and give you less control.