Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

maxamps

Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM
BackFilp 360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maxamps

do all the newer packs come with the taps out the top or can they still come out the side

thanks shane
Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Turboprop130

Default RE: maxamps

i'll show you a picture. i just bought this 8/8/07. 8000mah 7.4V
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91150.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	739292  
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 AM
NitroNuisance

They make all their packs upon request fresh so I'm sure you could get it either way. But I will never order anything from them again. I ordered a 3s 5000hv 20c 3 weaks ago and still don't have it! The day I ordered it the guy told me they make them all their packs "fresh" and it takes 2 days and they would ship it right after that. I finally e-mailed them 2 weeks later and they never replyed so I called and they told me they shipped it that day. I e-mailed again a week later because I still don't have it and they didn't respond so I called again and he said he had it and he would mail it tomorrow. Tomorrow was yesturday so I called again to make sure it left because this order was suppose to be express shipping 1-2 day guarentee. He told me that he shipped it yesturday so I asked him for a tracking number. I tracked it and it finaly left today. I asked if they could at least cover the express shipping which was $10.00 and he said no.[:@] I have had my new mamba max for 3 weaks now and am so frusterated that I can't see what it's capable of. I'm suppose to be going camping tomorrow like 2 hours away and their is great track right next door. If that battery isn't here I'm not leaving until I get it, so I'll have to drive myself and meet the family thair and miss half the trip. And if it's not here Sat. I am going to f__king freak out![X(] Sorry for venting on here but I told the guy I would let everybody know how terrible they run their operation after he told me they wouldn't even cover the $10. express shipping on a $135. battery and $8. worth of battery bars! I also asked for an e-mailed recipt and they told me no problem, and when I never recieved it I asked about that and they e-mailed back "Every shipment is mailed with a recipt". AND on their web-site you can check your order and it has the wrong battery on their and it has said shipped ever since the guy told me the first time that he shipped it. I asked them to fix it and he said it's right in our computers so "don't worry"! Don't Worry I just whant to know how much the total was of the items that got charged to my card! This better be one hell of a battery! If I hadn't waited this long allready I would tell him to GTH and take this battery with him.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 AM
Almighty ODST

ORIGINAL: NitroNuisance

They make all their packs upon request fresh so I'm sure you could get it either way. But I will never order anything from them again. I ordered a 3s 5000hv 20c 3 weaks ago and still don't have it! The day I ordered it the guy told me they make them all their packs "fresh" and it takes 2 days and they would ship it right after that. I finally e-mailed them 2 weeks later and they never replyed so I called and they told me they shipped it that day. I e-mailed again a week later because I still don't have it and they didn't respond so I called again and he said he had it and he would mail it tomorrow. Tomorrow was yesturday so I called again to make sure it left because this order was suppose to be express shipping 1-2 day guarentee. He told me that he shipped it yesturday so I asked him for a tracking number. I tracked it and it finaly left today. I asked if they could at least cover the express shipping which was $10.00 and he said no.[:@] I have had my new mamba max for 3 weaks now and am so frusterated that I can't see what it's capable of. I'm suppose to be going camping tomorrow like 2 hours away and their is great track right next door. If that battery isn't here I'm not leaving until I get it, so I'll have to drive myself and meet the family thair and miss half the trip. And if it's not here Sat. I am going to f__king freak out![X(] Sorry for venting on here but I told the guy I would let everybody know how terrible they run their operation after he told me they wouldn't even cover the $10. express shipping on a $135. battery and $8. worth of battery bars! I also asked for an e-mailed recipt and they told me no problem, and when I never recieved it I asked about that and they e-mailed back "Every shipment is mailed with a recipt". AND on their web-site you can check your order and it has the wrong battery on their and it has said shipped ever since the guy told me the first time that he shipped it. I asked them to fix it and he said it's right in our computers so "don't worry"! Don't Worry I just whant to know how much the total was of the items that got charged to my card! This better be one hell of a battery! If I hadn't waited this long allready I would tell him to GTH and take this battery with him.

That's funny....I have heard many great things about maxamps but also some bad stuff obviously. Your situation sounds like those one in a million cases that get screwed up badly
Old 08-10-2007, 05:20 AM
happywing

ORIGINAL: Almighty ODST
That's funny....I have heard many great things about maxamps but also some bad stuff obviously. Your situation sounds like those one in a million cases that get screwed up badly
Same here. All I've heard is good stuff.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:35 AM
Turboprop130

I had my battery in a week and I'm stationed overseas in Okinawa, Japan. This 8000 7.4 is stupid fast. It doesn't fit in my B4 or T3 without making modifications. It is too thick. So I ordered the 6000mah 7.4. The website says it fits without mods and I hope so.

NitroNuisance... No disrespect, but I don't want to hear it about shipping, I just waited 57 days for my tower packages to get here!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:27 AM
fcazzol

In my case I had a good and a bad experience with Maxamps.

First time was perfect (8000mAh 3S pack). Right on time (in Canada).

Second time (5000 mAh 3S pack + 2 6000mAh 2S packs for a friend) I only got the two 6000 packs. I sent them an email and I was told they had forgotten the thrid pack... it was sent only when I contacted them.

Forgetting 1 item out of 30 is ok, 1 out of 3 is weird...

I have to admit I love my packs so I already forgot and forgave the mistake ah ah ah !

Francois
Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Slo-V Flyer

I have the same problem. I ordered my 3s 5000 pack last Friday, and even today 7 days later it STILL says "In Process." I think it may have to do with the fact that the 5000 mah batteries are more popular and so they run out of them or something... but then their website didn't say it was out of stock like their 10000 mah ones. I sent them an email last night asking about my order. Lets hope they don't jerk me around or I will simply cancel my credit card charge...

Nitro Nuisance, I didn't realize it's been 2 weeks since you ordered your 3s 5000 pack, I hope you get it today. In fact I was expecting mine to arrive no later than today either, but it seems things aren't always as smooth when you order stuff online. That's why I reeeallly don't like to order things online because there is no "shop" to go over to and yell at...... You are at the mercy of the online company's policies and habits. Though so far I've ordered stuff from 4 different websites and received my order in 3-7 days, all with priority mail.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
BackFilp 360

ok guys i got my 5000 2s but they sent me a stupid vxl pack witch wont fit so im sending it back to get my rightful pack thats why i wonder if they do still have side taps
Old 08-10-2007, 12:30 PM
fcazzol

I had not visited Maxamps's website in a while and I was shocked at the prices... The 8000mAh 3S pack is now sold over 190$ (bronze member price). It was 150$ earlier this summer... a 25% increase!!!

I thought Lipo prices were going down! ah ah ah !

Francois
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Turboprop130

I had not visited Maxamps's website in a while and I was shocked at the prices... The 8000mAh 3S pack is now sold over 190$ (bronze member price). It was 150$ earlier this summer... a 25% increase!!!

I thought Lipo prices were going down! ah ah ah !

Francois
I agree, I think prices should go down not up. I just looked in my Aug 06 rc car action mag and a 6000mah 7.4V was advertised for 79.99. Now they're like 99.99.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Supply and Demand theory anyone? Well, anyway, it's now a week, and still no sign of my 3s 5000 mah battery... I'm getting tired of waiting, I still haven't gotten any email response from maxamps... If at least they would tell me that they are out of the 5000 mah cells, then I'll just order whatever they have in stock the 4000 or 4200 or whatever...... I just want a 3s lipo already!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Turboprop130

FYI, I got a maxamps 6000mah 7.4V and it is set up differently than my 8000mah 7.4V pictured a few posts above. The leads still come out the front, but facing upward instead of sideways. They're also right in the center, which makes it difficult to fit in my B4 and T3 cause the wires are slightly in the way. Next time I'm going to see if they can make a 6000 with the leads out the side. As I mentioned on an earlier post, the 8000 doesn't fit the stock setup on Associated models, but the 6000 fits right in there. You just need to move the wires out of the way.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:40 AM
BackFilp 360

hey turbo i have the same problem i called and they said that is the new standerd (taps out the top) so i asked if i could send it back for ones out the side he said no problem now we just have to phone order them i guess
Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Turboprop130

I'm stationed oversea right now and the shipping back and forth is going to be a pain, so I'm gonna deal with what I got. I will have to phone in my order next time. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Just got my 3s 5000 yesterday!

My E-maxx can do backward flips, slam brakes and flip forward right back. Finally broke the center rear shaft... time to replace it.

My Bandit on 3s lipo and MM5700 motor can do wheelie flips at half throttle if I punch it. Seems to go faster on 3S than my 3.5R did with 6-cell nimh. Definitely more torque with those wheelies at 30mph.... Glitches like hell though at more than 100 ft... Guess that's the price...
Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 AM
austinelse
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Guys!

Austin here with MaxAmps. When the Traxxas VXL trucks came out we experienced a 50% increase in business. We are all currently working 60+ hours a week. I hired two more production guys this week. We generally ship within 48 hours of the time you place your orders. We are currently at 3-4 days but a week ago we were at 5-7 days. I am very sorry for the delay. I know how much of a pain it is to wait for stuff in the mail. Franky I am embarassed that we were that far behind. We just got blindsided with the VXL orders. We have the systems and people in place to handle the volume now.

If you had to wait over a week to get your package from the time that you ordered it, that is not acceptable to me. You can feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] and at the very least I will refund all your shipping charges on the order. I want you to not only be happy with your packs, but also a raving fan for our service.

Unlike any other lipo manufacturer, we build our packs here in the USA so you can always count on a fresh pack that has not been sitting on the shelf for months and months. We can also build the pack ANY way you want. From plugs, wires, configuration, where the wires come out, taps, pretty much anything you want we will do. As far as any price increases that we have had, we recently switched over to copper tabs on all our cells. Copper is 10% more conductive than nickel but its also more expensive. All of the raw materials associated with building lipo cells have gone up like crazy over the last 6 months. We are doing our best to keep the costs as low as possible. As you know, we are still at 30% less than most other lipo packs on the market.

I appreciate the loyalty of our customers and thank you all VERY much for your business.

Best Regards,

Austin
www.MaxAmps.com
Old 08-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Access

Austin what batteries do you recommend for the VXL trucks? I have a maxamps battery 3-cell, 4000mAH and it it runs fine at first, but the runtime is short and the latter half of the run, the speed/power loss is quite noticeable. A B4 runs 15 minutes off that same battery, the rustler is barely running 10 minutes, if that. I want to use a 3-cell LiPo, should I be using a 5000, 6000, 8000, or ??? When I go to your site, under rustler VXL brushless it lists the 4000mAH pack (not working for me), 5000, and 8000 3-cell pack only.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 PM
BackFilp 360

hey Austin thanks for the reply how do you order custom packs because i just found out that the new standard is the vxl configuration and i like the side taps that came befor the vxl came out and another Q i sent my battery back about a week ago to change the taps i was just seeing if yall got it yet

Shane
Old 08-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Turboprop130

Austin, I like ordering online, could guys add an option for the lead configuration on the 7.4V 6000mah... side or top.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 AM
BackFilp 360

good idea turbo Austin can you have an option on all your car batteries for taps configurations
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 AM
hurricane-fibers

I don't know if anybody else has had any probs with the maxamps lipo's
But I have, I have just ordered 3 more cells (5000).
I called and they won't do anything about the others I just got from them.
I have ran my rigger only twice the third time it just quit out in the middle of the pond,
well I got it back to shore and checked everything out and nothing worked.
Tried new esc , receiver , bec , motor still nothing.
So I hooked the battery up to the charger and nothing. then I noticed the + wire had just fell out.
After calling to order 3 new cells thinking it was just fluke I then decided to take the pack apart to find out what happened.
Well was I in for a shock on all 3 cells the + tabs are off right at the covering for the battery and the tape was burned like it was shorting out so I can't even solder then back up.
Man what a waste of 200 bucks for 2 runs about 5 to 7 minutes long just for testing.
They are sending me 3 new cells and I am worried about them doing the same thing.(witch I have to pay for)
I am running a 24 inch rigger with X431 prop 540 feigao (10L 2498KV) I am only pulling around 40 amps
So if any body wants to buy them from me I will be glad to get rid of them I think I will just go back to Thunder power I have had no probs with there batteries
an I might have to spend a bit more but at least I don't have to worry about the tabs just falling off the cells.
If just touched what was left of the tab sticking out of the cell it just fell off like it was made of ashes it was that fragile
Just my two cents worth.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Almighty ODST

Those 5000 cells 20c?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:04 AM
hurricane-fibers

Lipo 5000HV 3.7V Loose Cell Details

NEW COPPER TAB CELLS!
5000mah Capacity
3.7 Volts
45mm X 135mm X 8mm
20C Constant(100 amps)
30C Sustained(150 amps)
50C Burst(250 amps)
110 grams

This is their specs for the cells
Old 08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
seth556
My Feedback: (3)

This is why I like that my LHS carreries some maxamp batteries. So that when I want one I can just run down there instead of ordering it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.