Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

getting back into hobby -- need charger suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
bob95065

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting back into hobby -- need charger suggestions

I am getting back into the RC car haobby after a loooong tome. I have a vintage Tamiya Hot Shot that a friend gave me in high school. He took it apart and couldn't put it back together again.

Anyway I can't find my battery charger. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend a lot of money.

TIA,

Bob
Old 10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
brushlessboy16

Default RE: getting back into hobby -- need charger suggestions

duratrax pirhana digital or any of the intellipeak series

i got the single IP charger in tower hobbies scratch and dent for 27 bucks.... abuoot 50 percent off
Old 10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
j.m.

those need a power supply, and that's a $100. Probably not going to work. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRPP7&P=ML
This is a very high quality charger for the money, and it runs off of AC or DC, so you won't need a power supply. If you already have one, go with the piranha.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Viteck

I have the digital pirahna setup. It max out at 3.0amps on A/C....Setup isn't that hard. I got it for under 50.00. Good luck
Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 PM
speedyAK

Piranha Digital Peak from tower. You can't go wrong with that. I get constant strong charges on my tenergy and top qualifier packs. It would last a while. Like everyone here has says, you can't go wrong when you're just bashing. Can work for racing but it doesn't come with motor break in set up and cycle mode like the ICE from Duratrax but you won't need those when you're just bashing.

speedy