Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
IB (smc)
62.50%
EP (trinity)
37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Trinity EP vs. SMC IB

Old 10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trinity EP vs. SMC IB

ORIGINAL: PedeBeater

Get toff of my freakin back! That is not what I meant by my post. I am not getting ep's. stop overreacting TD.
Ha! Overeacting...

So I guess they are going to be ep's. Have you tested them? It justs sounds like you test things before you stock them so I was just wondering.
That definetly sounds like your were thinking of getting them if you ask me. Just read it.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 PM

I was asking him if he tested them. Why don't you read it again.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:09 PM

I was asking him if he tested them. Why don't you read it again.
I read it 5-10 times. The first sentence is the one Im saying that sounds like you were thinking of getting them.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 PM

you guys sound like a married couple, lol
Old 10-17-2007, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: cheech4

Hey!
I still think that Intellect's new chemistry for there IB4200's will be a real killer.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Takedown

Hey!
I still think that Intellect's new chemistry for there IB4200's will be a real killer.
same punch just more durable
Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Hey!
same punch just more durable
Ya thats my point. There gonna be more durable. If people know this then they feel more confortable buying them. Intellect's sales will increase quite a bit.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:47 PM

I just hope they are decently priced. They sound like they will be a little more pricey.[&o]
Old 10-17-2007, 04:51 PM

I just hope they are decently priced. They sound like they will be a little more pricey.[&o]
I sure hope not.[sm=what_smile.gif]

BTW: PB empty your inbox its full. Im trying to send you a long PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Guys,
To answer some of your questions:

Yes, they are EP4200s!

They will not be "ridiculously expensive" - in fact, they should be about the same price as our line of IBs! (give or take a few $)

As for power, I have spoken to many of the top matchers, and from what they tell me, the new batches of EPs are coming in with the same voltages as the current IB cells - the power myth may have been true with earlier batches, but these new cells are getting GREAT numbers on the matchers.

As for testing, I've been running 2 packs of EP4200s for the past year that I got early on in the development of these cells and couldn't be happier with them. The new, higher voltages, seem to make an easy decision out of the EP vs IB debate.

The first large order of cells came in today, I'm hoping to have them up on the site sometime this weekend or early next week! If you want to get in on them even earlier, shoot me an e-mail and I can set something up for you!

I hope I answered all of your questions - if not, let me know!

Alex
www.boomboombatteries.com
Old 10-17-2007, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Elmo6s

Hi Guys,
To answer some of your questions:

Yes, they are EP4200s!

They will not be "ridiculously expensive" - in fact, they should be about the same price as our line of IBs! (give or take a few $)

As for power, I have spoken to many of the top matchers, and from what they tell me, the new batches of EPs are coming in with the same voltages as the current IB cells - the power myth may have been true with earlier batches, but these new cells are getting GREAT numbers on the matchers.

As for testing, I've been running 2 packs of EP4200s for the past year that I got early on in the development of these cells and couldn't be happier with them. The new, higher voltages, seem to make an easy decision out of the EP vs IB debate.

The first large order of cells came in today, I'm hoping to have them up on the site sometime this weekend or early next week! If you want to get in on them even earlier, shoot me an e-mail and I can set something up for you!

I hope I answered all of your questions - if not, let me know!

Alex
If the EP4200's are gonna be just as cheap or near as cheap as the IB4200's then Ill definetly be looking into them.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:18 PM

I will still probably be getting the IB4200's, just because they have been known to lead the pack in power wise. I love punch![8D] I am really looking forward to seeing the IB4200 x-1 packs!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 PM

I will still probably be getting the IB4200's, just because they have been known to lead the pack in power wise. I love punch![8D] I am really looking forward to seeing the IB4200 x-1 packs!
Hmmm... Im stuck on what to possibly get now? New EP4200's that have just as much punch as the IB4200's for just as much as IB4200's or the New IB4200's X-1 cells.

Tough decision. Myabe I should make a poll.[&:]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 PM

This is a poll. look a the votes. Although it does not say IB x-1.

I am still thinking of that post I read that said ep's are more durable but have LESS PUNCH. Maybe you should get the ep's and I will get the new ib's and we will compare.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 PM

New IB cells will be a possibility, although from what I hear, IB still has not stabilized their cells to the point that I wish they would (durability and dead cells are the main issues) - I don't even know that there are truly updated cells coming down the pipe any time soon. This was not the case less than 6 months ago, but from what I hear there have been some problems with the recent batches. Personally, I think EPs are going to be the way to go from here on out - the EP chemistry is so stable, and is only getting better and better in terms of voltage - it is only a matter of time before they have HIGHER voltages than the IBs, as opposed to being equal in terms of voltage as they are now.

With that said - I still have a ton of IB4200s in stock - there may even been a sale coming in the near future (tomorrow if I get around to it!). It's a win-win situation whether you're an IB or EP guy!

Alex

P.S. - Where are you getting your X-1 info? After a quick Google search, I only see them on R/C Tech...
Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 PM

PB I heard that the brand new batch of EP's are suppose to have just as much punch as the new X-1 IB's and there suppose to be just as cheap as the new X-1 IB4200's.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:39 PM

im sold on boom boom so i definetly will check them out,,
Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 PM

What ever happened to GP? Are their voltages and run times that much lower than the IB's and EP's?

Pede Beater---you CAN use SXS packs in the e-savage. Either you can find some new holders (like the Kyosho Twin Force ones) to screw onto the sides, or use other methods. I have a rigged technique that is working so far and allows the use of SXS or stick packs. Open up the battery holders and you will see the aluminum chassis that would normally short out a pack. First, cut some rubber fuel line (heavy duty black stuff, small diameter like used on lawnmowers etc.) to length to fit over the aluminum chassis both in front of and behind the center gearbox that holds the plates together. Slit the fuel line lenghtwise and slip it over the exposed chassis. Do this top and bottom and you insulate the packs from the aluminum. Now slip your SXS packs in. The holder won't close all the way, but it's darn close. I just take a few small bungees (the ones you get at Home Depot in the combo pack that you never think you'll use because they are so small) and clip from bottom of chassis on one side, over the battery holder, over the motors, down over the battery holders on the other side and clip on chassis again. It took me longer to type this than to do the modification, and it is easily reversible by taking off the tubing and removing the bungee cords.
I ran it this way and had no problems. At first I took it easy, no jumps or topples. Then I started a little bashing, and then I went full out flipping, tumbling, jumping etc. Everything was fine. No shorting and no batteries flying out. I only did one session, so I'm not sure how viable it is long term, but I don't foresee many problems. I might do 2 bungees for a little insurance and check the tubing to make sure it is not slicing, but other than that I think things are fine. Best of all, no PIA mods that take forever and are irreversible. SXS packs are more readily available and generally better. I just bash and play, so I buy them used. Have gotten some pretty good deals on eBay. Not top of the line, but I've gotten IB and GP packs with great punch for $20/pair. WAY BETTER than the stock batts.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: nikg

What ever happened to GP? Are their voltages and run times that much lower than the IB's and EP's?
I wouldn't say THAT much lower, but they are lower - and at the same price they've fallen by the wayside.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

I can't even find them on rctech! You have a link?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM

nikg> check your pm's.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm going to be putting the EP 4200s up either today or tomorrow - just took some pictures, and we have a nice amount of packs ready to go!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Elmo6s

I'm going to be putting the EP 4200s up either today or tomorrow - just took some pictures, and we have a nice amount of packs ready to go!
do you know if you will have some 7 cell EP packs available???
Old 10-20-2007, 01:17 PM

Tough decision. Myabe I should make a poll.[&:]

Don't forget to add the Grepow 4200 & E-Power 4500 Cells

(both are available from http://www.speedzoneusa.com/batteries/ )
Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 PM

do you know if you will have some 7 cell EP packs available???
I have some 7 cell E-maxx packs that are ready to go. I'm going to have some 7 cell flat packs available on or around Monday. If you want to pre-order them, shoot me a PM or e-mail, and I'll set you up.

Alex

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.