Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Monster Truck Decision Problem!! WHICH ONE!

Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Truck Decision Problem!! WHICH ONE!

I know people have been giving me suggestions on electric monster trucks and thats wht I want. Alsmost 90% of everybody has voted for the Stampede xl5 and the E-maxx. But the stampede is in my price range, but the emaxx is not. is there any other good trucks for an affordable price that I might like. Or should I go with the stampede????
Old 10-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Default RE: Monster Truck Decision Problem!! WHICH ONE!

If the maxx is not in your price range and you want to bash not race then by all means get a 'pede. the 'pede is really in a class of it's own.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 PM

you will be happy with the pede or even rustler
Old 10-25-2007, 07:31 PM
My Feedback: (4)

if u wana bash go for the stampede

story : i wanted to hit a ramp hard to go far so i did top speed on pavemwent then hit a dirt jump 5 feet away from the pavemnet. this tihng i swear did like 3 fromnt flps (awkward ones) then it started to cartwheel about 3 seeconds then hit into a tree i didnt even wanna look to see what was broken, i walked up to it, took the cover off, everyhting was working fine so i drove off and then did the same with only half speed and did a nice front fllip and landed but few days later my powerpooles got so hot they melted onto echother so if u get the stampede which i highly reccomend watch out for the power poles meling.

p.s. if u need help finding a nice battery and charger here is a nice combo

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-VXL-XL5-...QQcmdZViewItem

just buy that and you litterly are ready to run everything u need.

or buy this as a combo witht he truck http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-STAMPEDE...QQcmdZViewItem
thatas what i bought and i am very pleased, if u got any q's pm me and ill be glad to help you

sry bout the font prob
Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM

Don't use that font, learn how to spell, and never use blue type. It's extremely hard to read.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:41 PM

personally, go with a lighter vehicle, namely, pede or rustler[8D], lighter so BIG crashes are no big deal, for example, take my 18MT, it is only 650 grams so crashes aren't such a big deal, if you did the exact same things to a larger vehicle, you could be in for trouble, so, personally, go with a cheaper vehicle, and if it works cool, if not, ok, keep or sell and upgrade[8D]
Old 10-25-2007, 10:22 PM

take a look at the E savage sport, better than the Emaxx hands down and its closer to the price range of the pede, but it is more expensive, but cheaper than the emaxx... here is the link...... and with the tower coupons, knock off 30$ to that price... very attractive..

[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTDD6&P=7[/link]
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 PM
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: cheech4

take a look at the E savage sport, better than the Emaxx hands down and its closer to the price range of the pede, but it is more expensive, but cheaper than the emaxx... here is the link...... and with the tower coupons, knock off 30 to that price... very attractive..

Better than the new E-maxx! The New E-maxx is better in everyway accept for maybe durability.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Takedown

take a look at the E savage sport, better than the Emaxx hands down and its closer to the price range of the pede, but it is more expensive, but cheaper than the emaxx... here is the link...... and with the tower coupons, knock off 30 to that price... very attractive..

Better than the new E-maxx! The New E-maxx is better in everyway accept for maybe durability.

TD he said the emaxx was to much money, the new emaxx is 369+$ and its not been proven to be better than the savvy. come on no arguments till someone has tested the new model...
but as of right now he doesnt want the maxx cuz its too expensive, i am giving him the best alternative which is actually a better truck than the current emaxx. and with the tower coupons the price goes down to 239$. your gonna sit there and tell me that a E savvy for 239$ is not attractive???
Old 10-25-2007, 10:52 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I think the biggest issue for someone on a budget and considering the E-Sav or Maxx, is the cost of batteries to run 'em. I sold my Maxx for that reason, and the fact that it was a pig on the scale. The 'Pede is a lot lighter, and needs only one battery to scoot right along. I have more fun with that than I did running the Maxx. And you'll never get by with only one set of batteries, 3 is the minimum, IMO. At $40 each for decent cells, that's an extra $120 to run a dual battery MT. Plus another charger, or one that can charge two packs at a time.
The weight factor is a biggie too. More weight=more mass=equals more broken parts when (not if) you hit something=$$
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeckler

I think the biggest issue for someone on a budget and considering the E-Sav or Maxx, is the cost of batteries to run 'em. I sold my Maxx for that reason, and the fact that it was a pig on the scale. The 'Pede is a lot lighter, and needs only one battery to scoot right along. I have more fun with that than I did running the Maxx. And you'll never get by with only one set of batteries, 3 is the minimum, IMO. At $40 each for decent cells, that's an extra $120 to run a dual battery MT. Plus another charger, or one that can charge two packs at a time.
The weight factor is a biggie too. More weight=more mass=equals more broken parts when (not if) you hit something=$$

good point taken which is one of the reasons i dont own any dual motor dual battery RC. but since he was looking at a emaxx, i figured i shed some light with the savvy.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 PM

YEA, I agree with Jeckler! DO you know where I can get batteries and a charger for a decent price?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:13 AM
My Feedback: (325)

Consider the 4wd Tamiya Twin detonator also. You got to build it yourself.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 AM

The savage is not hands down better than the e-maxx. You cant state that as a fact, its an opinion.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 AM

NOT better in every way. Handling, not sure yet. Speed, well stock no but who cares. Durability, probably not. Waterproofing, guess it has the savage there.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:08 PM

Tamiya Lunchbox
Old 10-26-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

The savage is not hands down better than the e-maxx. You cant state that as a fact, its an opinion.

maybe the new Emaxx, but thats not even proven yet. but it hands down better in every way than the older one.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM
My Feedback: (4)

read my post from be4 it has a cimbo of a very good charger and battery or all that w/ truck and 8 aa batteries for remote and male or female plug idk
Old 10-26-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: rcluke

Tamiya Lunchbox

I dont get why anyone even still likes that truck, it has nothing going for it other than nostalgia, really compared to todays trucks its a POS
Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

maybe the new Emaxx, but thats not even proven yet. but it hands down better in every way than the older one.
Again your opinion, not fact. And no its not.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Mekong

ORIGINAL: rcluke

Tamiya Lunchbox

I dont get why anyone even still likes that truck, it has nothing going for it other than nostalgia, really compared to todays trucks its a POS
It DOES have more going for it than nostalgia, rock solid truck, very durable, fun to drive. Not meant to be a performance machine or win any races. A lot of rcuniverse doesn't race so you will find many lunchbox fans. It has a lot of character, plus it's fun to build.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Mekong

This reply was totally unecessary, all the guy did was suggest a car and you bash the guy? I hope you feel better now.

To make matters worse, for you, you couldn't be more wrong.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:59 PM

Old 10-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Got one allready, have you ? Got a side by side comparison for us ?

J.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:15 PM
poe

Why do you even argue that the old e-maxx has more advantages than the e-maxx. Thats been estalished since a month after the E sav came out that it is a good truck. I dont think an 8 year old chassis has much on the E savage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.