Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

plug problem

Old 10-26-2007, 06:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default plug problem

the plugs on my battery and esc are damaged and wont stay tight enough. my question is, can i use bullet style connectors? i figure, if you use them between the esc and motor, why not the battery? i know that deans connectors would be better, but right now i have no money(no soddering iron either) and bullet style connectors are like $1.50 a pair at the hardware store. tell me what you think, or if you have ever done this.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:26 AM
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: plug problem

You can use them, but are not recommended . They will wear out faster then the tamiya connectors did and can be mixed up. I don't think the bullets are made to repeatedly be pulled apart and connected. Powerpoles are good and can be crimped rather than soldered.