Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Stampede

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 AM
damien1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede

I'm getting a Stampede soon and I'd like to do some modifications to it so it can handle better and be more stable at high speed. Could anyone point me in the right direction for the parts to do this? Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: Stampede

First we will need to know what stampede you have.... RPM bumper and gear cover are a big thing that should get done right away. The rest depends on your model.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Mekong

FLM wide front arms are great for stability!

I hardly ever flip now driving on asphalt even with M2ks or even a brand new set or dirtworks
Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM
MacMan72

There are about a hundred variations of the "wide pede" conversion. I personally use RPM rear suspension arms on the front with front wheels all around. FLM makes an all aluminum kit that is a bit pricey but nice. There are several "how to"s kicking around. Try a google search on wide pede and you should find what you are looking for. You can also lower the pede and put the battery underneath the body but this starts to get away from what the pede is built for. IMO if you go to far with it, there comes a point where you should just get a rustler and maybe put pede tires on it.

Also, toe in the front end and read up on how different springs, shock oils and shock placement affect handling.